1st two episodes on the CN app.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by balgus82, Jan 10, 2020.

1. tone

tone Glass Walker

Nah, I'm an original watcher, and a Panthro superfan, and I'm able to enjoy both on their own terms. I'm at this point confident the IP won't die and there will be another series sooner rather than later. And that one will probably be serious, or at least won't be Roar. But I'm able to deal with Roar just fine. I personally think 2011 shitted on the original way more than Roar does.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Not a big 2011 fan but I loved it compared to Roar.

Dr_SLUMP likes this.
  3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

T-Cat likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

T-Cat and tone like this.
  6. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

tone likes this.
  7. tone

tone Glass Walker

I cringe when I see some of the posts/comments from older fans on social media. Even in my stage of anger, I wasn’t going outside of TC communities to crap on TR on social media.

The annoying part is the loudest are just ones reacting off some YT video or someone else’s rant and the last time they thought about TC was years ago when they saw some random fan art.

adssse and motogp_fanatic like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have heard a rumour that the show has been cancelled as has Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

9. tone

tone Glass Walker

Hearing the same rumor. And if true, now the outrage brigade that never actually gave a shit about thundercats will go on to their next culture battle (soy boy defeated!) and we’ll have no TC content. Again.

I know there are also legit fans that hated the show and I wish they’d been able to find a way to enjoy it like some others of us.

On the wildly optimistic side, hopefully before I’m off this planet, WB will try the IP again and I can’t see this level of resistance being possible a second time. Maybe if the MOTU stuff goes well?

Whatever, I better hustle on getting screencaps of cyborg as Panthro for my gallery. Oh, last note: I don’t know if that crossover episode was a nail in the coffin or their response already knowing they were done, but the episode was funny to me right up until that weird cave scene. I don’t think it was aimed at Earl Hyman, but talk about poor editing, amazing no one considered that association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In fairness last few episodes of Roar haven't been too bad. All in all though I still think it was a pretty poorly thought out and executed idea.
    Hopefully WB will do what they have done with Scooby-Doo etc and try something new.
    Transformers, TMNT, Scooby-Doo etc always try something new rather than waiting multiple years for re-boots/remakes.

WB should really have gone for a stylized look that would still have been appealing for merchandise like action figures etc like Transformers animated and ROTTMNT etc.
    But the CalArts style and poor writing and comedy was Roars biggest problem.

11. tone

tone Glass Walker

Well no argument here that it had its flaws, but things can improve if given the chance, which is where I have a problem with fan rage. I absolutely believe we fans have the right to express our criticism, but two things happen these days: it get blown up and pulled into larger culture wars, and it never ceases. Daily, people just bitching and moaning. Ceaselessly. Trying to outdo each other with the angry hyperbole.
    I give credit to this forum because I believe most here don’t like Roar but they did the most dignified thing: said their piece then just ignored it.
    I think the characterizations of Lion-O and Tygra were not good. They both deserved better writing. And I think the writing suffers from trying to stuff a pretty in-depth lore and narrative into 10 minute format. Nothing has time to breathe. Writers have barely any room to shoehorn in anything not directly tied to the plot.

Ah well. But I hope you’re right that WB just regroups and tries again with something different.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is true some shows need time to find their footing. But having said that, there needs to still be a lot of things for the audience to want more.
    I can think of a few shows that didn't have great first seasons...and not just animated but some live action shows that really improved with time some to drastic extents.
    Roar has very little the fans like. The majority on here seem to hate the following:
    The animation.
    Character designs.
    The writing.
    The humour.
    The short 10 minute format.
    Awful intro.
    The original series music being used and out of place.
    With all that against it there really isn't much the fans like about it.
    Also the recent Teen Titans Go episode making fun of the fans really hasn't done the show and creators etc any favours.

I think WB have go the message now what the majority of fans want so hopefully with their next attempt they can make something a lot more appealing to all of their audience.
    Maybe WB will foloow Mattel and Netflix's example and perhaps create two shows. One for more adult audience and one specifically aimed at children.

13. tone

tone Glass Walker

Well, I hear you but if I don’t get another series (and until I get that series), they’re all myopic in my book. I personally don’t care if Roar is cancelled so long as that happens.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am confident they will do another series or movie.
    WB make some odd decisions. Just look at what they did with Be Coool, Scooby-Doo. Majority of fans really disliked it, not to the extent of Roar, but it also got cancelled and they made a new series and movies more pleasing to the fans.
    WB aren't going to want to loose out on not making money for Thundercats. But considering the decisions WB have made with Thundercats the last several years WB should really have someone else in charge of managing Thundercats.

15. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Honestly next time I just hope they stay away from Cartoon Network. Go Nick or Netflix. I would be absolutely thrilled if they gave it to Studio Mir to animate as well. Something like the Netflix Voltron reboot would be great IMO. They were still able to do their own thing and update it, but they never ever seemed like they weren't trying to do the original show Justice.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The more recent episodes have been a bit better than the first few. The episode with Mandora was pretty good along with Doctor Dometone and Panthro Plagerized.

tone likes this.
  17. tone

tone Glass Walker

Panthro Plagiarized, Working Grrrl, and Dr Dometome are probably my top 3 right now, with Mandora and Lost Sword behind them.

18. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

Finally aired in the Philippines via CN HD channel and seen it for the very first time with my daughter. Well it will be shown repeatedly and as expected it is for kids, but I can appreciate it regardless of my preference and criticisms.What I find worrisome is my daughter attention was unfortunately not captured, she just continue to play her Minecraft game. She is a fan of Teen Titans Go so I expected more from her.Anyway maybe in the next episode when she is not distracted.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Actually I honestly thought Working Grrl was among the worst episodes. Really hope though the better quality episodes continue.

20. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Panthro Plagiarized has been my favorite episode so far but yesterday's Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living is a close second. Study Time i thought was a great episode too. It was so cool seeing Grune, Jagara, and Claudis statues. I'm excited to see more about whoever the "WilyMom" character is. I also hope we see whoever that Snarf with the Eye patch was. The episodes are really getting good and fun. The Berserkers are coming up next and we are going to learn more about Thundera next week. In my opinion, it has really found its groove and I am liking it!

tone likes this.