1st two episodes on the CN app.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by balgus82, Jan 10, 2020.

1. tone

tone Glass Walker

This is the first I’m hearing about the next batch of episodes. Lol yep the berserkers are key for you! I’m really curious to see how Grune is done.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  2. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

If you check out the Thundercats Roar wiki page it has the next 4 episodes listed. I have been keeping up with the page since the first week because i have been following the ratings posted on there. I know its Wikipedia so to take it was a grain of salt BUT it has not been wrong yet as far as the next upcoming episodes. According to that these are the next 4 episodes....

Ep. 17 - “Berserkers”
    The Cats' Lair is attacked by gold-loving robot pirates - the Berserkers! This is a good thing, really, since it means Lion-O and the ThunderKittens can ditch their chores and fight robo-pirates instead. Just don't tell Tygra!

Ep. 18 - ”Jaga's History"
    Freed from the Astral Plane, Jaga - the ghost of the ThunderCats's original mentor - is now free to visit the Cats' Lair. That means he can finally tell them the reason why Thundera, their home planet, got destroyed.

Ep. 19 - ”Barbastella"
    While flying with his new invention, Panthro hits it off with a new friend - Barbastella, the Queen of the Bats.

Ep. 20 - ”Adopt a Jackal"
    After a battle between the cats and the Mutants, Jackalman gets confused and accidentally returns to the Cats' Lair with the Thundercats while thinking he is one of them.

motogp_fanatic and tone like this.
  3. tone

tone Glass Walker

Nice! And all of these are super interesting. Honestly, any fan of the original not giving Roar a chance is cheating themselves. The show isn’t perfect by far, but this feels made by fellow fans.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  4. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

i agree. It pays homage to the original series in so many ways and often in the episodes. I can see their point when it comes to the animation style but honestly, it doesnt bother me. It is the style of cartoons on CN now. So, it is what it is. Once you accept the show for what it is as opposed to disliking it for what it isn't, it is quite enjoyable. For what is basically an 11 minute cartoon its a whole lot of fun and filled with nods to the original series.

motogp_fanatic, Mad Bubbler and tone like this.
  5. tone

tone Glass Walker

Exactly - and that was my path, outrage, to rage, to calming down, to giving it a shot, to letting go and getting it, to enjoyment. Now I just need some merch to show up. I saw some 3D models of Roar Panthro that gave me a sense of what a TCR fig might look like.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  6. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Id be all about merch for this show. I'm not really familiar with what CN has done for Teen Titans Go! merch wise, but i suspect if/when there is Roar merch it would be similar. It seems like everything gets Funko Pops so i wouldnt be surprised to see them. Woudn't be surprised to see mini figures too, like blind bag type figures. Whatever they put out, i would definitely grab it. Do you remember where you saw the 3d models? I would love to see it.

tone likes this.
  7. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

This show is way to easy to hate because it is not the original. After giving it a chance it's not that bad at all considering it is a classic redone with modern cartoon technique. I have grown to like it, after all I am just happy we are finally getting some new Thundercats injected into our lives.
    I will continue to watch this show and I hope it gets renewed for more than one season.
    I think the best part of the show is they are finally showing the world how unless Lion-o is.
    Well done!

:tygra:

Cap'n Cracka and tone like this.
  8. tone

tone Glass Walker

Here is the 3D model, just looks like fan art, I have no context for it:
    [​IMG]

And here is a 2D illustration with shading that also gives some sense of how these models might be translated to a fig:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motogp_fanatic and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  9. tone

tone Glass Walker

Lol they gave him some redemption in Mandora. I actually feel worse for Tygra. I need them to give him a “Tygra’s a badass” episode.

Mad Bubbler and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Oh wow, that 3D model is pretty cool. Even just being fan made does make it seem like it could make a pretty cool figure. I really hope they end up gettin some kind of figures and throw my money at them right now for a Thundertank.

tone likes this.
  11. tone

tone Glass Walker

IKR
    The Roar thundertank is legit flames

Edit: lookit this bad boy killing the hook mountain slope:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Im right there with ya. I really hope there will be a season 2. I love how the show isn't as Lion-O centric as the original. I mean it is but not nearly to the extent as the original or even 2011. Or if it is the 11 minute run-time doesn't make it seem as bad.

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  13. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I think there will definitely eventually be a Tygra centric episode that shows how bad ass he is. I think Thunderslobs was just a taste of that with them all finding a new respect for him but there will definitely be a "Tygra saving the day" episode.
    the Thundertank and Cat's Lair in this are so cool. I can't wait to see what they do with the other vehicles and just what ones we will actually see.

tone likes this.
  14. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Berbill

The outrage is understandable, glad you made it giving it a shot. Though it is really not what we like, it is just needed to be watched with "just for fun" and "not taking it too seriously" frame of mind. This needs to happen for the IP to be relevant. Maybe the next TC show will cater to a more older og fans but now we have to settle for this one.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Cap'n Cracka and tone like this.
  15. tone

tone Glass Walker

Mean to share this yesterday, here’s some fan art by a pixel artist who absolutely needs to be teamed up with a game designer for a project by CN:

[​IMG]

shortfuse and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  16. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

i had seen this and the other photos the artist put out. Looks absolutely amazing! the art is so good and would make a great game!

17. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Safari Joe is coming in episode 24. (still 4 episodes away but i am excited) I hope Larry Kenney voices him again.

18. tone

tone Glass Walker

Have you seen the Berserkers episode yet?

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  19. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

i did. I saw both the episodes yesterday. the Catamarang was great. I thought both were fun and loved the Pumyra, Lynx_o & Bengali cameo in Jaga's History.

tone likes this.
  20. tone

tone Glass Walker

I thought it was a pretty funny episode. I really dig the creative ways they are pulling in lore characters while making new scenarios that work in the context they’ve set up. They covered gold being worthless to the Cats, the Berserkers’ love of gold, and the mercenary setup, then subverted it at the end.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.