2 pack figures

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

We all mention the standard TC releases, but tend to forget about the likes of Snarf and the kittens and Ma-Mutt. Do you think there will be Con exclusives where these (Snarf and Ma-Mutt) will be included as either a 2-pack with Lion-O and Mumm-Ra respectively, or as a combo? I would of course love to see Wilykit and Wilykat included with Cheetara and Tygra respectively as they had been originally waaaaaay back in 86/87. I suppose they could release the Berbils in 2-packs (Bill and Belle in one and Bert and Bob in the other). I do hope we get the smaller sized figures. Even Snarfer and Eggbert could be a combo. I suppose we'll see Luna and Amok in one packaging. Even Captain Cracker and his bird as well as that conductor with the train and his bird (gosh I forgot his name!!!).

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I think that it's a possibility.

3. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I wouldn't mind snarf being packed with Lion-O and mamutt with Mumm Ra but I am on the fence with the kittens. I think I would prefer them in their own packaging.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I think I would prefer them in their own packaging as well.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As cheap as I am with the amount of money I will potentially be investing in this line I would be willing to spend the extra money to have their own packages.

TCatsfan likes this.
  6. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Wouldn't that spike up the price anyway if they pack two figures in one. I am not familiar with the MOTUC cost for those figures like the orko and prince adam. Kit and Kat also came out as separate figures. I do think if the go the 2-pack route they will probably put Kat and Kit together. I am not sure if I would want any figures with Tygra or Cheetara. I would like them boxed separately.

Mark M I would like a Berbils multipack. I think that would be the best to go with them.

7. Sebastiaan

I agree that the kittens' own packaging would be cool, especially if they come with backstories. But I would really love to have them together seeing as they are twins. They're my ultimate favourite of all the cats, so I would be heartbroken if Mattel released one and not the other. Maybe characters down the line like Jaga or Pumyra could each host a snarf as an accessory. But I'm thrilled to get new figures, so I won't put to much pressure on the way they release them, as long as they do!

8. Daremonger

Anything's possible with Mattel.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

The two characters I would like to see together are Luna and Amok. It just seems right since they are almost inseparable in most episodes.

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. There is no way Mattel could try and sell Luna by herself and not with Amok....but after Mister Mxyzptlk I am not so sure. They seem to like seeing how much they can push a fan base. Just look at their Ghostbusters line. They got the licence to do The Real Ghostbusters cartoon figures and did nothing with it except release a few 8" Mego style figures. Then the movie line with the exception three human characters, all the others have been variants of the four Ghostbusters. That line could have been amazing with the Real and extreme animated figures.

11. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Luna & Amok should definitely come together! I could see a pack that worked like Snarf vs. Ma-Mutt or something like that. Or Wily Kat w/board and Snarfer since he probably wouldn't be much larger or more articulated that Lookee from MOTU.

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Daremonger

Yep-yep!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think Snowman and Snowmeow should definitely be a 2-pack.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Daremonger

Yes, they should.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In terms of large vehicles do you guys think they should be packed with a figure of some sort/alternate heads and weapons or just a vehicle by itself.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

I actually think it would be much better for us if it came packed with a figure. At least that way we could get lots of smaller figures added like the Wolos and Balkins, and even that crazy Silky :) It would make the large vehicle even more appealing, although I have to admit, just getting the vehicle would be awesome!

17. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

The original toy did not came with extra figures so they must be fallowing the same tradition...

[​IMG]

Gerrit likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well a Red Lion-O with the Thunderwings, maybe an invisible Tygra with the Hovercats, or a generic mutant with the Nose Diver could work. It would be better than having them as overly expensive SDCC exclusives.

Gerrit and Sebastiaan like this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Agreed!

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It would help get figures out quicker than a subscription place. like if we got 12 figures a year, if there was a figure packed with say a beast and 1 or 2 vehicles that's more characters done and out of the way and not taking up space on the sub spaces.