2011 Cartoon compared to the Classic 1985 cartoon

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by xluckinekostylex, Jul 30, 2016.

1. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I have an unpopular opinion but I think Iron Man was MUCH better than The Dark Knight.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  2. mumm_ra_n_rana

Oh yea I LOVE this piece of music from watchmen.

3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Guardians of the Galaxy was a HUGE risk taken by Marvel. Seriously, no one had any expectations from that movie, no one was looking forward to it, most weren't even familiar with the characters. But it turned out to be one of Marvel's biggest hits. Goes to show that even with unknown characters you can make a hit film if the story and execution is good. With DC it's the other way around. Even with ultra-popular characters like Superman and Batman they can't make their movie work. :(

Mark M and litefoot like this.
  4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No Mumm_ran_rana you don't have an unpopular opinion. You have the CORRECT OPINION! The Nolan Batman movies are not that great. They are not even proper Batman movies. Iron Man is a far superior movie as instead of changing everything about the character and story they embraced everything that made the comic book character so popular and made a fun, exciting movie with interesting characters.
    That's a cool piece of music.
    I must admit before seeing the movie I had never even heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy. They were never mentioned in any of the Marvel comics I read growing up.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

7. Wilycub

Funny, because not very long ago, Gibson, in an interview, called Batman vs Superman "a piece of :poop!"

He's really not the first name that pops to one's mind when thinking about superhero films. Or maybe DC want the Suicide Squad sequel to be even more dark and gloomy?!?!?! :00

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Perhaps this is a case of WB giving someone who has criticised their choices a chance to see how they would do things differently.
    Maybe SS2 will have a scene with Joker shouting ''Freedom!'' ;)

Wilycub likes this.
  9. Wilycub

LOL! That cracked me up! :laugh

DC's "policies" seem strange.
    If someone from the cast and crew criticizes their film - FIRE THEM!!!
    If an outsider criticizes their film - HIRE THEM!!!!

Mark M likes this.
  10. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

It doesn't really matter who they they get to direct their movies at this point. Whether it's constant rewrites or terrible editing , WB can't help but sabotage them before release. Suicide Squad was really bad, I've no interest in a sequel. Hopefully Wonder Woman can end their dismal run.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wonder Woman visually looks a lot better. However the WW should have been released before Dawn of Justice. And WW should have had a lot more screen time in DoJ.
    I read a report that from someone who has seen the WW movie and says it is just as big of a mess as DoJ.
    DC should look at the directors that have done successful Marvel and other comic/action movies and hire them instead of trying to make every movie like Nolan's Batman movies.

12. mumm_ra_n_rana

my two issues with WW is it takes place during the wrong war and they're using her New 52 origins which are awful.

Mark M likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't really read modern comics but I heard they changed WW origins in 52. Although I am not to familiar with WW origins in general.