2012 Thundercats toys first look!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by balgus82, Nov 15, 2011.

1. tldenson

tldenson Junior Member

First, I do not like Bandai, I was very disappointed that they got the Thundercats. I was hoping that Mattel would get a crack at them.

Second, I have the 8" figures, there good, but the Classics are pegs warmers at my local Walmart, so are the rest of the Thunercat lines.

Third, I hate the screaming head on Lion O. I blame it on all those cry babys who wanted a Classics 6" line. They got what they wanted and Bandia screwed it up. In addition, Bandai's 6" line is SHORTER than Mattel's MOTUC and DCUC 6" line. 6" must be different in Japan than in the US.

Fourth, I want this line to work, Bandai needs to figure s*** out. Im not buying anything new in the classics line until they get some consistency going.

2. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

How do you know about the size of yet unreleased figures?

3. gjustis

gjustis Junior Member

The scowly mouths - particularly Panthro's - look like Robot Chicken sculpts... :D

4. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

NEW: Deluxe Claw shield and Panthro chucks role playing and Tygus toys!

just found this this morning! it's nice to see the thundercats universe expanding, it's definitely interesting to see someone like Tygus being made into a figure, maybe that means Leo too in the future.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=17990

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

most likely. might mean they'll be in the show again later on too.

6. Tommyx13

Tommyx13 Junior Member

Tygus is an interesting choice...hopefully it means they plan on going really deep into the character pool for the 4" line. The vehicle looks nice too. I'm sure we will see him again, cant wait to learn more about him.

7. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Tygus is shown before Leo? That's interesting. It's cool that they are expanding the role play line, even though I don't purchase them.

Mumm-Ra doesn't even come with a sword? Wow, pass.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Looks like we may get the 8" Cheetara after all.

9. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I'm willing to bet we see Tigersharks figures made on the horizon!

Thundercats are pegwarming where you are? are you sure they arent just being replaced quickly, because they are practically invisible where I am. whenever a new shipment comes in they sell out in days.

10. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I like the Tygus figure, finally a deluxe figure with an accessory that makes sense, unlike those awful bases for deluxe lion-o and tygra...i hope they keep on adding more new figures and not so many "deluxe" repeats...

p.s. where's JAGA!!!????

11. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

12. CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone Junior Member

The Tygus figure looks amazing and so does the vehicle. Personally I'll be getting all the figures when they're out in the uk. I'm not an expert "toy collector", I just love the show both original and new and love the figures they've released (again both old & new). Having my office nicely cluttered with the 2 ages will make me a happy man (despite my wife's objections)!

Keep up the good work Bandai and WB! Let's see some more classic bad guys (monkian, jackalman, vulterman) and more story on the past.

I'd specifically like to see a Leo and Jaga figure soon :)

Role on December first 2011 -uk release day :)

13. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

they probably made tygus before leo to give us more villians that we've been asking for. cant wait for slythe though and new 6 inch 2011 version thundercats!

14. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

The new series toys keep getting more and more amazing... I don't understand why they don't care so much about the classics fans :/

15. Blinded No More

Blinded No More Berbill

Out of the new figures, I will more than likely buy the Claudus and Mumm-Ra Transformed 4 inch figures. Right now I'm mainly concerned with collecting the 4-inch line.

16. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I just really want a 6 inch Grune now, and a Driller. Awesome episode tonight, and its making me want a bigger Grune figure more and more.

17. CactusDan

CactusDan New Member

I love that the series is getting background characters. I hope they continue to give us more. Botht he show and figures are getting better and better.

18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

No way would I buy that angry Lion-O. Yikes.

I would like a 6 inch Tygra is his normal clothes and not the green armor.

Are the twins not going to be released this year in the 6 inch line? What about Slithe or Grune?

19. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Finally a bigger "better" clawshield :D

20. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

That angry Lion-O's face is poor, ill still buy tho, ill get them all.

3 days until the UK realease! TRU You better be well stocked!:thumbsup: