A Sequel continuation to the 2011 series would be nice!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Luckinekolives, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Ever thought a wishing there's a Thundercats Web series sequel to the 2011 series would be like? With good writers another anime-influence animation,
    Re-introduced support characters from the 1985 mythos like the warrior maidens, the lunataks, mumm-rana, etc.? Another art director? And maybe a new network treatment? Continuing where the cartoon left off, sure it would be nice!

TMNachoT and Daremonger like this.
  2. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Am sure that if a second season have been done, we woud have seen those characters. Regarding the art director, or at least, the design, i was thinking in a battle, their suits danmaged, and then in the next episode, they will show up with new suits, the ones we saw in the old toon -with some little changes.

Luckinekolives and Daremonger like this.
  3. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

That would be nice but at this point highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind if they rebooted it again. I for one didn't like the anime design. It just didn't feel like the TC to me. It had the name but it felt like something else. They should have just updated the looks a bit but still made them recognizable.

Mark M, Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  4. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

but then that'll make them too generically bland for my taste

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I completely agree. It was forced to be too much like Avatar and other shows instead of Thundercats.
    I recall reading that they planned for Lion-O's look and armour to change of the course of the show. I really wasn't a fan of any of the 2011 hero character designs, but I liked the Mutants updated looks.

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

There's nothing wrong with anime references and influences lots of shows and reboots are more influenced with anime these days, why are you keep going against it?! Show some respect for heaven sake!

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like the 2011 show for what it is. :)

Luckinekolives, TMNachoT and adssse like this.
  8. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Right?! At least Someone Appreciates and deeply respects anime-influence cartoons!

Daremonger likes this.
  9. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

I´m not a fan of anime, but i did like what a saw in this 2011 cartoon.

Luckinekolives and Daremonger like this.
  10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I also am a fan of the 2011 show.

11. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I loved the mutant's look. In the 2011 version they looked more like villains than in 1980's version.

It is about taste. Don't get me wrong. I loved that we at least got something that had to do with TC. Anime has more adult followers. I may be wrong saying this. I am not sure that kids love Anime that much and I think that was one aspect that caused bad ratings. Kids just couldn't get into it. Look at something like TMNT and Ben 10. I don't see any anime in it and it has a big following. I myself love TMNT. My nephew (13) preffered the 1980's version. He doesn't like anime as well. I know this is just one kid's opinion but I think there are more out there. Please don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against anime. I tried watching it before but it wasn't my cup of tea. I am really glad that a lot enjoyed the 2011 TC. It is just not the design for me that was the problem. Some of the filler episodes just didn't do it for me and sometimes I forgot what the plot actually was. There was a couple of good episodes. The premiere was amazing.

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  12. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

In the anime were popular for kids in the us since Astro Boy in the 60s, by the late Osamu Tezuka, godfather of anime!

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I like anime. Love Studio Ghibli movies etc. I didn't have a problem with anime I just wasn't keen on actual designs in terms of clothing, armour etc. My main problem was with the writing.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I just read Netflix are making a new Voltron series. Voltron, like Thundercats had an unsuccessful 2011 cartoon series also. It would be cool if they could get the rights from WB to finish the 2011 series or (which I would prefer) make a new series.

Daremonger and Luckinekolives like this.
  15. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

That's Great!!

Daremonger likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I liked the original Voltron series, at least what I seen of it which was about 20 episodes. Always thought the toy was very cool. I only seen one episode of the 2011 Voltron series. It never didn't really grab me. From what I understand it also suffered due to toys as well. I recall seeing some prototypes Mattel made for the 2011 series but they were never released.
    I know Toynami are still making Voltron products and there is a new one being released soon so maybe the toy will tie in with the series.

Daremonger likes this.
  17. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Because you people are such damn purists, and I hope for both the OS and 2011 fans that this new series ties to both in the os and the 2011 universe....

Daremonger likes this.
  18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

It would be great if Netflix could obtain a license to continue or reimagine Thundercats. I believe Amazon Prime is doing some original programming as well. With them apparently getting permission from WB to stream the original it would be cool to see what they could do also. We can dream at least haha

Daremonger, Luckinekolives and Mark M like this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well Netflix are making a quite successful Daredevil series. Let's not forget Daredevil was one of the worst and most disappointing super hero movies and they took a chance to do it right.

Daremonger likes this.
  20. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I hope for the 2011 TC fans that they're creating a continuation sequel series probably produce by avatar/korra crew, mike and Bryan really needed to keep their act together! And I don't care what the OS Fans think, OS series character design is Too Bland these days and their dialogue is too cheesy!

Mark M and Daremonger like this.