A Sequel continuation to the 2011 series would be nice!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Luckinekolives, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Ah.
    Well...I am still not 100% sure I get what you are meaning.
    So TPTB (are you meaning WB or fans?) only follow the Original series and they are traitors for cancelling the awful reboot which did not get enough viewers or sell enough toys.

The only way to make Thundercats great again is for a better creative team to work on new cartoon series. And hopefully the designers can understand about trying to make designs that will look good for toys. Although to be fair to Bandai they did the best they could with the awful 2011 designs.

2. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

How dare you to called the reboot awful?:mad:
    sure it has many flaws but it still a good show!
    It deserves a continuation, maybe in manga or comic book form.
    But you got point with the 80s version fans; they are elite douchebags
    anyway. It's never too late to refresh the reboot. I'm telling you sequel miniseries with better writers, anime-inspired design, and animation, and better network treatment.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Perhaps calling it awful is a bit strong. Frustrating would be more appropriate. It had so much potential and got so messed up with different things from, poor writing, to toy deals, to network etc.
    The show took so long to get going. The first few episodes could have been made into the pilot instead. Some episodes like Ramalak Rising and a couple others should just not have been made.
    If, and that is a big If, they were to continue the 2011 series as a movie, mini series or comic they should hire Tab Murphy to write it as his episodes were usually the best. He seemed to get show and characters more than others.

4. xluckinekostylex

I agree with you , with murphy as a the new writer picking up were spaulding and jeneric left off, since , but with Art Director Norton left for Riot Games, I suspecting Studio Mir ; the creators of Avatar and Legend of Korra to revamped the 2011 designs and the stylish Animation But they're busy on Voltron, so who else?

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Dude, calm down. Claiming people who like the originals over the 80s series does not make them elite douchebags. Also FYI I only recently got into thundercats. In MAY! I never grew up with it. I watched the original and the reboot AT THE SAME TIME! That being said I made up my own opinion about both of them without "nostalgia blindness". I just happen to have chose the original over the reboot.
    Does this mean I hate the reboot? No. I don't. There were some things in it I liked but for the most part I just found it lacking. It felt to me like they were putting too many things into it and most of it was out of place. Many of the new creatures just didn't seem to fit in the thundercat's universe. They were out of place and most should have had their own series or movie.
    Also you can call me petty but the villain of the show was handled badly. If you read any of my posts in other areas you would realize I am pretty protective of him and I don't like when he's changed up and turned into things he never was. This is why I didn't like the Wildstorm comics version of Mumm-Ra because they made him into a sexual predator and it's why I don't like what they did to him in the reboot. Oh, his mummy form in the reboot is fine, except I can't figure out why hi's hunched over he way he is. If anyone in real life stood like that they'd fall over. But I didn't like the changes to his ever living form, his back story, his pyramid, OR them pairing him up with Pumyra. Mumm-Ra was the best character in the original series and there was plenty of things they could have used for him in the reboot. But no they didn't. They changed his species, his back story, his ever living form and his sword which was suddenly no longer one of it's own design but now a lame recolor of the sword of omens.

TL:DR: fans of the original are not douchebags and you are very rude for saying it.

You can enjoy the reboot all you want. That's just your preference. More power to you, Like what you like, but don't look down on somebody because they don't feel the same way about it that you do.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. I will give any show a chance. Nostalgia or not. I just found the 2011 series really lacking. It just doesn't have the charm. As much as I love the original Thundercats I thought other cartoons had better lead heroes, better teams, better villains, better main villain and better writers overall.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

Well beast wars was far better than thundercats. But then again beast wars is my favorite cartoon period.

Mark M likes this.
  8. xluckinekostylex

Hey they did try their best to make the reboot faithful to the original .. but darker and different cut them some slack.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well...no. One of the biggest criticisms people had with the 2011 cartoon was how unfaithful it was to the original.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  10. mumm_ra_n_rana

Umm no they didn't.
    How is making mumm-ra a bat/thundercat, whose pyramid is a space ship being faithful? Mumm-Ra was a human! Or making the twins into thieves? Or turning the mutants into psychotic feral creatures? Or making the thundercats dictators who treat lizards and other animals not like them like dirt? Or turning tygra into a jealous brat? Or making Pumyra a violent traitor when she wasn't one in the original but a sweet girl who was also a healer?

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well I don't think I have a favourite cartoon as such. I loved different aspects from different shows. My favourite action cartoons I grew up watching were TMNT, Bravestarr, Thundercats and Transformers.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  12. mumm_ra_n_rana

well it's my favorite childhood cartoon, that is what I meant. I love lots of different shows and cartoons.

Mark M likes this.
  13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Can't we all just get along? :)

I personally am a huge fan of both the classic and reboot. For me they both have their own endearing qualities and although they are both Thundercats I view them separately to an extent as opposed to always comparing them. The original is iconic and the reason I fell in love with this franchise. I will always have that no matter what reboots come out. To me any material an addition to the original does not detract from it but is potential icing on the cake.

14. mumm_ra_n_rana

maybe but those elephants are SCARY man!

15. xluckinekostylex

they just to be original,
    just not too repetitive.
    revamped characters with different personalities.
    i kind a like the new tygra, he might be an a-hole,
    but he's a badass and a charmer.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

Pumyra is my favorite thundercat and it felt like a slap in the face to me.
    and Mumm-Ra should be a human since he's racist against the animals. If he is an animal himself that just makes him sound like an idiot.

17. xluckinekostylex

U guy are worst than bronies....

18. xluckinekostylex

That's True...

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I remember when WB released that promo poster for the 2011 cartoon with Lion-o in shadow lunging forward. It looked amazing and I had such high hopes for the cartoon and toys.
    The Lion-O in the 2011 series really did not live up to that promo poster.

I wish the writing of the 2011 series had a better pilot (and oprigin story) and the quality of episodes from that start that started being made in the later half of the series. Imagine how cool it would have been if Mumm-Ra's forces had had a full deck with Ratar-O, Grune, Ssslithe, Adicus, Knar and Vuiltureman.

20. mumm_ra_n_rana

What did I tell you about having such an attitude like that? Did you not read my previous post about that at all?!