A whole new ball game!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by kzlambert, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kzlambert

kzlambert Illustrator & Animator TC.org Staff

Recently I have been doing some over night shifts at work, giving me time to play with some off the cool stuff we have. One of which is a graphics tablet. Basically for those who don't know, it is a pen for your computer.

Combined with the new photoshop, I decided to give it a go. To cut a long shift short... AMAZING.. bought myself one and love using it... What's cool is that I am now able to produce work that emulates and in some respects surpasses my pencil and paint work.

Below is a link to a web page I have made with my first tablet picture on it. The one on the left is my piece.. the right is the photograph.

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Amazing stuff, Kyle, I'm loving it! :)

Take care... :)

3. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

kzlambert, I've seen some drawings you have done, here at TLC, some pictures of peoples, etc, and I thought they were amazing.

I know you must be tired of hearing this, but you have a talent I've never seen before, and I've seen a lot of drawing of people faces, a lot really. My family tends to like those and I have some here at home but, I always find some flaws because I'm too picky!

But when I see yours, I stop and say: "man, this can't be possible."

You do this for a living, right? Please tell me it is so!

Again, congratulations!!!!!

4. kzlambert

Cheers for your support guys.

To answer your question.. at the moment I am still a student, just finished my first year.. As you can probably tell I am very excited about this new digital way of working.. :)

5. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Ok let me just say one thing C-O-M-I-S-S-I-O-N-S. Seriously Kyle you could make some nice cash on the side by doing that. I mean working at Apple is cool and all but you could earn in one week doing a few commissions what you are making at Apple. Am i right or wrong. Lots of students make money on the side doing what they do best, take advantage of that buddy

6. Tygra-wan

Tygra-wan Glass Walker

Seriously, Kyle! Everyone is telling you the truth. Your stuff (as I have said before) really does rock!

7. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Just curious,how long does it take you to draw a portrait like the one you did for Jessica Alba or that old man?

A lot of time, right? :)

8. kzlambert

The two pieces are completely differend. The old man I drew in pencil.. which I have done for years.. I can usually knock them out in about 3-4 hpurs..

This new digital technique takes much longer.. we are talking about 12 hours. But, the Jessica Alba one is my first attempt at a digital drawing,. hopefully as I get better they won't take quite so long.

9. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Well, I wish you the best of luck you have one awesome talent and you're still very young, making me believe you will become much much better!

Take care! :)

10. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

the wacom is a wonderful thang, ain't it?

hold the phone...you work @ Apple?...can i be your new best friend? :)