Accessories Speculation/Wishlists

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by temple, Jan 12, 2016.

1. temple

temple Active Member

So before we hopefully get the other figures shown in February, all we know re: accessories is that, barring changes to the prototypes, we have the following:

Lion-O: Sword of Omens (unactivated), Sword of Omens (activated), Claw Shield (holster), Claw Shield (worn), more open Left Hand.
    Jackalman: Club, Axe
    Mumm-Ra: Staff

At the very least, we should expect:

Pumyra: Sling (hopefully short version for whirling and long version for whipping out)
    Panthro: Nunchuks (again, hopefully compacted version for holstering and one with a long chain for wielding)
    Grune: Mace
    Jaga: Jaga's Sword, possibly another Sword of Omens

My question is: what would you guys like to see above and beyond the basics as accessories? I always love having a range of hands, like with Lion-O, so those would definitely be a plus for me, because they allow for more display options. Alternate heads with different expressions (say, a ferocious roaring head and a neutral expression head, or Cheetara could have a head with her hair streaming behind her for running poses) would also be cool bonuses. I would also love to see a few cool cartoon artefacts thrown in, especially if a character doesn't have many accessories naturally - stuff like the Book of Omens, the Chain of Loyalty, etc.

So what do you guys think? Are you happy with just the basic accessories? Do you have any specific wants for future characters? Are there any particular cartoon items you want to see in plastic form? Anything you DON'T want to see?

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

For the first series I will be happy as long as they come with their classic weapon from the cartoon. I am not overly concerned with alternative parts as I will most likely keep them in the box.

3. temple

temple Active Member

Mind you, at this stage in the MOTUC lifespan, a lot of the accessories are unpainted and kinda cheap-looking now that there is less money going into the line, and a lot of the figures have less paint applications then they used to. With Thundercats Classics being sold for slightly less anyway, and the character designs being a lot less viable for extensive parts reuse, I would be happy with the minimum accessories (ie just the signature weapons) if it meant that more money is spent on making the figures themselves look as amazing as possible.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree. Accessories
    I agree. Accessories are nice but I really want them to concentrate on making the figures cartoon accurate!

temple likes this.
  5. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

Panthro should come with a samophlange!

temple likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Cheetara needs a short un-extended staff to connect to her wrist and the long extended staff.

shortfuse likes this.
  7. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Tygra - Long Whip and short Whip (like Bandai did)
    Thunderkittens - Space Boards, Lassos and Pellets
    Snarf - Chain of Loyalty, Candy Fruit
    Lynx-O - Small cartoon shield to clip to his wrist and Ljn larger version
    Bengali - Cartoon and Ljn hammers
    Ssslithe - Axe and Warp Gas granade
    Monkian - Morning Star and firing Monkey Shield
    Vultureman - The Shifter and his Ljn fork.
    Ratar-O - Toy and Cartoon Rats Eyes
    Willa - Bow/Arrow and Knife
    Mumm-Ra the Everliving - Sword of Plundarr powered up and his Ljn sword and knife.

8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Since the Totem of Dera and the hilt of the Sword of Plundarr showed up, I think we might be getting all kinds of goodies. I was really surprised by the appearance of the Totem of Dera (and laughed that CB couldn't remember what it was called....) which actually means that somebody has seen all the episodes and took cryptic notes on what is important / worthy of production. Perhaps we could request that mirror from Cheetara's room that Wizz-Ra used to enter into the realm...:cheetara

temple likes this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree that the appearance of the TOD is a good sign that they are actually paying attention to the subject matter and not simply attempting to cash in.

Sebastiaan, temple and Ianm1225 like this.
  10. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I would like to see the Book of Omes and the Time Capsule!

11. Chase W

Chase W Junior Member

I think this is the best play to post this if not (forgive me)
    Can anyone recommend a set of action figure stands for my Matty Thundercats line.
    Looks like all the other Matty collector sets had a line of stands but Thundercats.
    If not I can hold my breath a bit longer for S7 to issue some (Maybe)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017