Adam's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by aewsmith, May 11, 2008.

1. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

Hey

Most of my collection is print material, and tonnes of it. I know not a lot of people are into print material but it is interesting and definitely hard to find and collect. I've been at it for years. And as a note nothing here is a copy from the anything on the net! :oops:

tcats 045.jpg

These are the promo photos, I was able recently to pick up the ones from 1987 in addition to the 1985 ones

tcats 046.jpg

tcats 048.jpg

this is an unpoduced script called The Beasts Of Mummra. Basically the ASOE come alive as different animals and terrorize the Thundercats

tcats 049.jpg

these are preliminary sketches, Lion-o and the sword had a whole wack of powers in the planning stages

tcats 054.jpg

Here are all my ads, promotional contests, ads for print, etc

2. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

tcats 059.jpg

These are storyboards from the opening and exodus

tcats 060.jpg

More preliminary sketches as well as model sheets from the 2nd season, I didn't bother posting the odd 150 model sheets from 1st season

tcats 064.jpg

Here are dealer catalogs from glasslite and rainbow toys for the thundercats, as well as some promo slides

tcats 066.jpg

Really hard to find a complete set of art sheets from the promotional folder

tcats 092.jpg

animator sketches and guide sheets

3. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

tcats 073.jpg

tcats 080.jpg

These are the best shots I could get of the slides, they look really fresh when over a light source. Does anyone know what they use these for? And is there anything I could do with them?

tcats 095.jpg

The early draft of mummra lives script, the lunataks had some crazy names originally

tcats 099.jpg

Morals and synopsis for the first, second, and third seasons. Some orginals douga/ animator sketches

tcats 093.jpg

A whole bunch of letters to a broadcasting company telling them how to promote thundercats on their station

4. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

tcats 100.jpg

The cels I own, I wanted a cel of each cat with their weapon out

tcats 101.jpg

Original art sheets, sorry the picture is so dark

tcats 107.jpg

The merchandise collection

tcats 108.jpg

tcats 109.jpg

my collection of toys

5. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  6. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

I did my best to give you a good look without filling the next 20 pages. :oops: Theres a lot of paper and stuff here, enough for 7 binders full. Ask me any questions if you have em. :tygra:

7. kzlambert

kzlambert Illustrator & Animator TC.org Staff

Your stuff is amazing.

As an artist it's all the behind the scenes production stuff that i love seeing.

Character concepts, blueprints, storyboards, cells etc

A real joy to see.... Thanks for sharing :)

8. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Adam that is by far THE best collection of media material I have ever see. Very jealous of it

9. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Delicious stuff you have, Adam! It's wonderful when a fellow T-Cat fan has new things to share with us. Like Kyle, I most enjoy the artwork and behind-the-scenes concepts. (The Sword of Omens as a galatic weather station and a portable X-ray machine? Who knew? :D) I'd love to read those letters instructing that TV broadcasting company on how to promote ThunderCats on their stations. Oh, the secrets I can learn! :cheetaraveryhappy:

Wow, an unproduced ThunderCats script! That's another thing I'd love to read. It should be archived here on TCL; it's a rare find. Perhaps somebody can make an e-comic out of it? :cheetaraveryhappy:

I love those cels of Cheetara and Panthro. The way you have them arranged, you make it look like Cheetara got a little too close to Panthro's nunchucks and had to duck! :D

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Wow, that is amazing stuff you got there! Really like the Cels as well. Thanks for the share bud!!!

11. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

very unique collection, i love it

12. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

Hey!

Well it took almost a year to get it the way I wanted it but i think the books I set out to build look pretty good.

All in all there were actually 5 books. 4 volumes of print material and one volume of synopsis and morals. Each book has a title and contents page, with dividing title pages throughout.

The 4 volumes are roughly divided into scripts, animation art, promotional art, and merchandise and promotion information. Each book has well over 200 double sided pages. All the print material has been scanned and printed from the originals that I have, but some sheets in the merchandise book are scans from friends who generously let me borrow them.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

13. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

more pics!

14. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

last ones!

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Man! I Love your Thundercats' Bible!!

Any chance of making a copy?:liono

Many of us here would love to have one:thumbsup:

16. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

haha sure but I don't think the price tag would appeal to people. Since all the printing was spread over a year it wasn't too bad. I had a copy store print really nice mostly colour copies which cost about $1 each for a double sided page, add that to almost $200 for the binding costs. And well, it was a project I'm glad is done cause it broke the bank. :)

17. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

Wow great collection and that bible is awesome!:thumbsup:

18. berbillion

berbillion Berbill

Any chance of writing a synopsis of that unproduced thundercats script? Or scanning it in? Are the Ancient spirits of evil named in that script?