Aero's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by mcss aerocoupe, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

To be honest/technical, I have been collecting ThunderCats since I was a young child. Once I get all of my display cases and collectibles moved into the house, I will have a much better collection to show off, but until then, check out what I have brought in and unpacked so far:

http://www.montecarlossaerocoupe.com/ThunderCats/ThunderCats.htm

:liono

Edit: 3/12/10 - Added sub-pages to my collection site. Page 1 is same as previous main page. Page 2 is brand new stuff, the Laser Sabers video!!
    Edit: 4/16/10 - Added sub-page 3, pics of part of the collection in the big display case.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

i dont mean to be nasty but those spots may be dirt or mould if they have been stored in a loft for a few years.

If not I appologise and nice collection

3. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Nah they will be 'in' the plastic. Sadly it's very common for the final series of figures :(

4. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Luke, no offense taken. I thought similar things when I first unboxed them, but after a good wipe-down using Clorox Disinfecting wipes did not help the look of these spots one bit, I knew it had to be something worse. Plus, the series 1 & 2 figures and the vehicles that were in the same box show no signs of these spots.

I can't wait until I get my big display case moved in, along with the rest of my collection. But until then, I can at least display some of my collectibles.

5. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Great collection! I'm really enjoying the grow a Thundercat and that spinner. I think I had a grow a panthro as a kid but it fell apart in the hot bath lol! Thanks for the share and hope to see more!

6. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

New stuff added. Click same link as before, there are now sub pages, Page 1 is the same stuff that was posted originally, Page 2 is my Laser Sabers. It has a basic video of a good and evil Laser Saber in action. Since the Laser Sabers are rare items to find, many collectors probably have never seen and heard one in action, much less both. Detailed pictures to be added in the next day or two, with a semi-technical writeup. Pictures have been taken, but it is late and don't feel like resizing them and doing a write up right now.

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Wow man what a nifty collection you have! Most of your Loose figures dispalyed seem to be in excellent condition right off the Card, plus i see you have the whole Ro-Bear Berbil village there,cool! Also, some very rare Thundercats gadgets and accessories that i've never seen before like the Wind Sock and the Fighting Top! Hey, the Lion-o alarm clock is it still working?

:thumbsup:

8. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Awesome video. Id like to see a pic of that Aerocoupe as well. I love G-bodies. I have a 86 Grand National.:thumbsup:

9. Wow, Nice MOC Stinger there....the North American version. Most of the ones you see pop up on eBay are the European ones. I checked just now and there is one American one MOC up for auction, but up to the point of your collection there I had not seen an American carded version (although I don't check for those regularly, lol). The American carded though from eBay searches I have done is quite rare to show up. Very nice find man.

10. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Thanks for the kind words Lordore, but most of my collection is from when I was a kid, and they saw a lot of use and wear. As for the alarm clock, I don't think it works, I do remember finding that at a yard sale when I was about 12, bit don't remember ever hearing it make any sound. Then again, I don't remember ever using it.

Chromeagle, I have an '86 and an '87 Aero. Unfortunately, the '86 is in need of restoration. As for the '87, it's my daily driver when the weather is good. I'll find some pics and post sometime.

Grune, that Stinger came from eBay a few years ago, but I didn't pay much compared to what MOC Stingers are going for currently. I only got it because the one I had as a kid lost 5 of the 6 wings, as you can see from the other pics I posted.

And without futher delay!!! The Laser Saber overview and collecting tips have been uploaded directly under the video on Page 2. If you are thinking of getting a non MOC Laser Saber, there is some good info on how to care for it. And what to watch out for on the evil pack to make sure you aren't getting a damamged pack and paying for a mint condition loose pack.

11. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Sub-Page 3 is now up. Display Case now shows off a larger part of the collection in one giant scene. Cat's Lair just barely fits in sideways, it is such a tight fit that it has to be on the side with the door that is farther back because it won't fit between the main glass and the closer door.

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Oh man what a stunning battle scene! Very beautiful display Aero. I like especially the Cat's Lair standing across Mumm-Ra's tomb fortress!:thumbsup:

13. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Let me just say this is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time. Man oh man is that awesome.

Wow.

Just wow.

14. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Thanks guys. It's been fun posing these figures in the case.

For Mumm-Ra's Tomb, I had to detach the two statues of the Ancient Spirits of Evil, that or face it towards the front, as it is way too wide when connected. But as a plus, the statues are now in the right area for the cartoon layout. Maybe I should make a caldron for the Decayed Form Mumm-Ra.

To get more in the case, I am thinking of using fishing line to suspend some of the vehicles in mid air. Unfortunately, I don't think that will free enough space for the Thundertank and Fist Pounder. But we shall see.

One other thing I am thinking of doing is taking the doors off and etching the glass to put the ThunderCat logo on the left door and something on the right door, probably the Mutants logo.

And to think, I had thought the one display case would be enough to hold all of the figures, vehicles, playsets, and Hard Hero statues...:duh: LOL

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

If only i had a larger place i would have done something similar for my collection too! This is the idea i had in my mind but right now i can't afford any more space. The benefit of loose figures is that you can arrange them in any dynamic style you like and make the best scenes, it's very creative and innovative:liono

16. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

It'd have to Mumm-Ra's chest insignia on the other side

17. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

True. Good call Grizzlor. I must have been having a brain fart when I said the Mutant logo. Mumm-Ra's insignia would be much more fitting.

18. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Added a 4th sub page. The clock and fighting top are on this page as well, but after playing with the lighting I am starting to get better images of carded items.

I need to resize the images to make them smaller, but right now they are very high resolution... Of note is the Panthro role play kit, Sword of Omens dagger, and knock-off Sword of Omens (sword).