All 4 Seasons Of Thundercats Available On Amazon Prime!!!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Black Panthro, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Black Panthro

Black Panthro New Member

Hi all,

I'm new here but I had to post this! With all the Thundercat excitement being generated with the upcoming figures from Mattel I wanted to let you know that ALL 4 seasons of the classic Thundercats cartoon series are available on Amazon Prime! If you are a Prime member you can stream all the episodes for free!

Enjoy!

Daremonger likes this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yup, I have been watching it all the time via Prime!

Black Panthro and Daremonger like this.
  3. Black Panthro

Black Panthro New Member

Sweet! I have all the seasons on DVD but it is just so much easier to watch them on Prime. I think this is the first time the seasons have been available to watch. Score one for Amazon. They know their audience.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've been binge-watching ThunderCats on Amazon Prime, and I noticed a couple of things -- that episode 2 of season 2, "Mumm-Ra Lives!" Part 2, was replaced with part of the storyline's "movie" broadcast, and that the season-3 episode "Locket of Lies" featured some of the old commercial bumpers (simply just the ones with the show logo). Very interesting, indeed. :)

Black Panthro and adssse like this.
  5. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Great find in "Locket of Lies"! We don't have high-quality versions of those bumpers—we'd best capture them while we can. I wonder what other surprises lurk in Amazon's library... The only other one I've run across is "The Unholy Alliance", which features no music track, just as on the first DVD release. :confused

You can read more about the "Mumm-Ra Lives!" movie broadcast in this thread—Booshman has archived it for posterity and also cut it together with Parts 4 and 5 for more complete viewing experience. ;)

Black Panthro and Daremonger like this.
  6. Daremonger

I've read up on that thread and enjoyed it. :)

7. Daremonger

The version of the season-one episode "The Mountain" happened to be sourced from an LJN master ("CLOSED-CAPTIONED FOR THE HEARING-IMPAIRED WITH FUNDS BY TELEPICTURES CORPORATION AND LJN TOYS, LTD.") while I binge-watched ThunderCats on Amazon Prime. The version of said episode on the ThunderCats: Season One: Volume Two DVD is the original broadcast version, the one without the LJN tag. But wait -- there's more! The season-one episode "The Trouble with ThunderKittens" didn't edit out all the commercial bumpers. Even more interesting is that, following the usual Rankin-Bass/Telepictures closing logos, the 1990 Warner Bros. Television Distribution logo was present. I guess Warner Bros. dug a little deeper in their archives. :wilykit

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    jabus and Black Panthro like this.
  8. Daremonger

The "ThunderCats are back -- now!" bumper, the one where the ThunderCats logo slides in from the right and materializes, was left intact during the "Mumm-Rana" episode on A.P. (Amazon Prime).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  9. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I hope someone is capping these bumpers

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

Same here.

11. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Oh Booshman oh Booshman...where are thee lol?

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Daremonger

Haha. ;)

13. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Haha. I have recreated the TV version of Mumm-Ra lives, but thanks goes to Zax for capping it. If he could get all of these rarities and there is enough stuff I could put a DVD together to archive them.

Daremonger and jabus like this.
  14. Daremonger

That would be really cool.