Ancient Mumm-Ra prototype

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

[​IMG]

So far we know this will be a subscription only piece. It will also be fully articulated, will be a completely new sculpt.

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Looking pretty accurate tot he show. I like that they included the LJN staff accessory.

[​IMG]

3. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

I love the look of this design, if it ends up looking like this render we're in for a great figure, it looks dead on.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I think this looks outstanding! I have always liked Mumm-ra in his mummy form. I would have gotten a sub anyway, but this just strengthens my desire!

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The mummy Mumm-Ra design is most definitely cartoon-accurate, and it's nice that his LJN staff was included.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Looks great. I wonder if he will have a similar SDCC exclusive package like King Greyskull had?

7. C.L.A.W.

C.L.A.W. Junior Member

Typically, the sub-only figures come in the same packaging as the rest of the line. They just use desirable characters as bait to entice people to subscribe.
    Honsetly, I think he looks great. The only concern I have are the wrappings and whether or not they will inhibit the articulation. I hope Mattel will give in and use cloth for the cloak and maybe some of the bandages, but those hopes aren't very high. But I'm very pleased so far with the Horsemen's work.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I like cloth capes. The PVC capes Mattel have done on the MOTUC and DCUC look nice on some figures, but some would have really looked a lot better with a fabric piece much like the Star Wars Black Series figures.

As long as it doesn't hinder his articulation or posing capabilities id be fine with a PVC but I think cloth would look and work a lot better.

I especially hope they use cloth on Mumm-Ra the ever living when he is made.

9. Daremonger

Whenever Mattel wants to do Mumm-Ra's Everliving mode in the future, I want him to have the Sword of Plun-Darr.

10. C.L.A.W.

C.L.A.W. Junior Member

I second that, didn't he come with a generic sword and dagger from LJN.

11. Daremonger

Yes, he did. :)

12. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

I think ever living mummra should come with the vintage weapons and Ratilla should come with the sword of plundar

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

One cloth cape would eliminate the need of two plastic capes.

The swords would be better with Mumm-Ra. Ratilla isn't that much different from Rataro, they could just include the Ratilla head with Rataro.

14. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I don't think Mattel will do cloth capes, that is why they said upfront that the figure will have two capes!

He looks awesome on the slide, lets hope he transforms well into plastic!! Hehe!

15. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I love this Mumm-Ra. I think Bandai slowly moved into the right direction with their 4" mummified version. This Mattel one looks awesome. Can't wait to see it. I dont' mind the 2 capes.