Andrew's AFA 8-backs and "Lion-o and Snarf"

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Andrew, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Here they are...

Lion-o and Snarf (red hair, early tray-no place for the catalog, early card with punch hole not j-hook) AFA80 (C75 B80 F85, 1183225) HAS SINCE BEEN SOLD
    Mumm-Ra with Free Battery AFA60Y (C75 B60 F85, 1632841)
    Lion-o (Red) with Free Battery AFA80Y (C80 B85 F90, 7177522)
    Tygra Alone (no catalog) AFA80Y (C80 B85 F85, 3519370)
    Panthro (no catalog) AFA85Y (C80 B85 F85, 3273255)
    Cheetara and Wilykit (with catalog) AFA80Y (C75 B85 F85, 9634385)
    Tygra and Wilykat (no catalog), unpunched AFA70Y (C85 B60 F85, 1786754)

The tygra and wilykat's bubble actually cracked a little on its way to afa...I was very disappointed to see it when it came back. It probably wold have been an 85 had it not cracked...unpunched card and everything :(

I wouldn't mind upgrading the mummra. I plan to sell the "tygra and wilykat" and "cheetara and wilykit" if I can find a nice Cheetara alone to go with my tygra alone.

Attached Files:

• afa.jpg
      afa.jpg
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Only AFA 8 backs other than Lion O that I have seen, especially that 8 back Tygra which is probably the only 8 back AFA Tygra alone n existence. Just curious....why was there catalogs on some and none on others. My Panthro is the same as that one. I was lucky enough to get him for 60 bucks in 2004

3. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Its always been my impression that they thought to add catalogs after the first run of figures was produced. They were then added in later production runs...Later still, they created a place in the tray to hold the catalog...

I always took it as running marketing and design improvements as the line continued.

If there are any other ideas, I'd be up for listening though

4. Really nice mate. Never seen so many graded 8 backs. Its cool u stuck to just collecting the main characters.

5. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Dude, you need to re-admit the pics! I need my thundercats collection pics fix!!! lol

6. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

done and done...I sold lion-o and snarf though

7. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... Thanks I needed that