Anointment trials

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by William Graves, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Yep. It's exactly accurate for me.

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for posting this! I wanted to reference it myself but didn't have it with me at work.

3. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I know this is completely off topic but WHY do people CHRISTIAN people keep thinking Mumm-Ra is DEMONIC?! I'm a christian myself and I don't find him demonic AT ALL. I know that's one of his nicknames but ARGH MY BRAIN!

William Graves likes this.
  4. William Graves

William Graves Glass Walker

Lol I have actually had this conversation (argument really) with my family. Only thing I can think of is that some people have to have a scapegoat for their actions. That leads to if you do bad or bad things happen blame satan, if you do good or good things happen thank god. Some or most People cant take responsibility no matter thier religious beliefs.
    As with mumm-ra they see an all powerful evil character and such believe he represents satan based on his evil actions.

LiamABC likes this.
  5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

demonic
    dɪˈmɒnɪk/
    adjective
    adjective: demonic
    relating to or characteristic of demons or evil spirits.

Mumm-Ra by definition is demonic.

6. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Exactly. However, I agree that any concerns around him influencing children is a complete overreaction from people.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

No somebody was trying to imply because mumm-ra is scary that the thundercats show was promoting SATANISM!

William Graves likes this.
  8. Booshman

Who? One person? So not all christians then?

9. mumm_ra_n_rana

no I've come across some on deviatnart AND youtube. If my mom knew he existsed she'd think so too because she's odd like that. >_<

10. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

You guys may find this interesting. Its a "documentary" of sorts that outlines all the stuff in cartoons of the mid-eighties that will send children to Hell. Seriously. Thundercats-specific talk starts around the 37:40 mark.

LioConvoy likes this.
  11. Booshman

Thanks for posting, these two are hilarious.

12. William Graves

Open the video in youtube. The comments alone are crazy lmao

13. William Graves

I can remember when I was younger. They were saying disney was a satanic corporation. Its people like this that proves my earlier statement. Blame toys, tv, music etc for why kids and adults shoot schools, bomb places etc. Im sorry mummra nor Marilyn Manson ever made me shoot a school etc lmao

Just take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming the world for their misfortunes

14. mumm_ra_n_rana

Mumm-Ra doesn't even own a gun. XD
    But you see? This is why I was saying what I was saying! Because of crazies like this! No way am I gonna give up liking my handsome mummy wizard man. XD

15. Booshman

I wouldn't think that a 30 year old series of videos by a couple of religious crazies, preying on the ignorant to sell their tapes, is any reason to worry about anyone taking your Mumm-Ra away. They're not exactly representative of a vast majority of people.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

I know. XD

17. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

He is described in dialogue as a ‘devil priest’ ...need any further confirmation then that?

As for the anointment trials, no clue why the US would air them out of sequence, as if Lion-O would have a break between the trials, get the sword back, have some team adventures then get back to a trial, then more adventures..silly

In the UK these certainly aired back to back, remember it well.

LiamABC likes this.
  18. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Maybe because of the production oder?

19. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Common sense though. A five part series obviously goes together

20. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend