Any Episode You Wished The Bad Guys Would Have Won In?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by mumm_ra_n_rana, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Probably, but you gotta admit that it was the one episode in which we really get to see the normally coward Jackalman's "wild side"! ;)

mumm_ra_n_rana, LiamABC and Mark M like this.
  2. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

There is that. He did get a bit single-minded with it all.

3. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Plun-Darr, Plun-Darr, Plun-Darr, Jackalman, Ho!

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I recall reading the writer of the Mountain wasn't happy with the final episode as it was changed a lot from how he wrote it. I would be interesting to read his original script.

5. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Yeash it would. I am curious now with what it would have been like.
    Also in that episode jackalman was the determinator.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Peter Lawrence changed a lot of the scripts. Leonard Starr should have been the head writer.
    After Thundercats Ho Leonard Starr did not want to bring Mumm-Ra back...but especially not in the next episodes directly after Ho.

7. mumm_ra_n_rana

He wanted mumm-ra to be dead?! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! NOT MAH BABY!

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well I wouldn't want him killed off either, he was the first Thundercats toy I ever owned. ;) I get what he was trying to do by at least not having him come back right away.

Wilycub likes this.
  9. mumm_ra_n_rana

well he might have come back but he was rather useless for the first 4 episode of the 5 parter since he didn't have much power. I still love that mini-series. I don't know who animated it but they did a real good job. I love the style of it especially when it came to mumm-ra's design. His face and stuff made him look more human and less of a question mark. Yes, I notice these things, especially since I use clips from different episode of the series in my music videos. Depending on who worked on the episode his design looks a bit odd sometimes. Sometimes he even looks like a dog or an ape! XD

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I need to re-watch Mumm-Ra Lives.
    With comics I enjoy looking at the art and trying to guess which artist did it based on the style of the art, then seeing if I was correct.

11. mumm_ra_n_rana

XD
    But yes mumm-ra lives is one of the better animated 5 parters. XD

Mark M likes this.
  12. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

I remember back when I was starting to get into the original Star Trek, I'd be like that with the incidental music in each episode, I'd try to guess who it was by - with a high degree of accuracy, I might add :)

Mark M likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I've only seen it a couple times. I would really need to watch it again. The only one I have watched lots, like countless times, is Thundercats Ho.

14. mumm_ra_n_rana

w
    You can always find the episode on Putlocker.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have the DVDs. :D

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  16. mumm_ra_n_rana

THEN WAAAAAAAAAAAATCH IT, MAN! :mummra

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I might try and get it watched this weekend.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  18. mumm_ra_n_rana

But of course if say we allowed the last day to end the way it had the next mini series after it SHOULD have ended with New Thundera breaking apart. But of course they went and pulled that little stunt that infuriates me and will continue to.
    As for Mumm-Ra lives at least that did not end with Lion-O being the hero. I think most of the shows should have evenly had everyone saving the day.
    Also My biggest issue with the ending of fond memories is once mumm-ra had reduced Lion-O to a quivering wimp. WHY didn't he just destroy him right away instead of allowing him to run off? That's my biggest problem with a lot of episodes where the bad guys could clearly win. Instead of them being REALLY REALLY active in preventing a loss they kind of just stand there and LET the good guys pull out a window from nowhere. Like dude DO SOMETHING!

19. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That's pretty much what almost every James Bond villain did too! :D After they capture Bond, instead of just killing him, they first tell him their entire plan, then tie him up in a supposedly "dangerous" situation, and then leave! :confused

As for the TCats, well we all know that the writers would never let the bad guys win (Dr. Robert Kuisis would never allow that!!), but I totally get what you are saying and I share your annoyance. Many times the villains appear to have clearly won. I always felt that in such episodes, instead of relying on the usual cliches like Lion-O using the Sword of Omens to save the day, it would have been infinitely better, and original, to have some of the TCats' allies rescue the TCats for a change. I mean Willa and her Warrior Maidens, Mandora, or Snowman (or maybe them working together) defeating Mumm-Ra would have made for such a great climax!:)

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I watched Mumm-Ra Lives again. it is okay. I still think the story is pretty weak coming after Thundercats Ho. I suppose it suffers the same problem of the Transformers episodes The Five Faces of Darkness 1-5. Except it has a better script with really poor animation were Thundercats is the opposite with a dull script with lovely animation. Definitely Starr's worst episodes he wrote for the series.

Anybody else notice how much Doug Preis' voice for Alluro sounds like James Mason.