Any Episode You Wished The Bad Guys Would Have Won In?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by mumm_ra_n_rana, Jul 8, 2016.

1. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Because Lion-O is the MAIN CHARACTER so NOTHING is allowed to affect the special snowflake.

LiamABC likes this.
  2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Wrong. In "Mad bubbler", Jaga told him it doesn't matter if he was the Lord of the TCs, he has evil in him and could fell under the Bubbler's spell and turn evil, so why wouldn't he be affected when the Chain broke?

LiamABC likes this.
  3. mumm_ra_n_rana

Poor writing. That is one of the worst written episodes of the series created from bad writing, poor character understanding, and a poor execution of even shoddier ideas.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Tygra_Rules

You mean "Mad Bubbler" or "Chain of Loyalty"? Or maybe both? ;)

Mark M likes this.
  5. mumm_ra_n_rana

Both. mad bubbler had that whole 'snarfs can't be evil" bull.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

And in "Bracelet of Power", Snarf had no problem acting like a total jerk and ordering other TCats around! I'd say that is evil. ;)

Like you said, it is all a result of "bad writing, poor character understanding, and a poor execution of even shoddier ideas."

LiamABC, Mark M and Tygra_Rules like this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am surprised Mad Bubbler was ever considered for a toy. They toy looked a lot better than he did in the cartoon and he only appeared in one episode. Same with Mongor, Tonguasaurus and the Astral Moat Monster. They looked cool but were pretty boring in the cartoon.

Wilycub likes this.
  8. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

From what I remember reading, LJN was always looking for cool actions to build toys around (Driller's Spinning Blades, Stinger's Rotating Wings, Quickjaws Snapping Jaws etc.). Back then, bubble blowing guns were the "in thing" so they decided to create a character that blows bubbles. The episode "Mad Bubbler" was specifically made to act as an advertisement for the character. Ironically the toy never went into production! :) I think they faced some problems in making the bubble mechanism work properly.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Always thought Drillers spinning blades was stupid. Why didn't they just have him spin like a drill and be done with it.

Wilycub likes this.
  10. mumm_ra_n_rana

Like in the episodes he appeared in? I still think Mandora should have had a toy. It would have been awesome.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Considering Mongor and Safari Joe got action figures she should have got one but f course she was a female character...so that put her lower on the potential toy list.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Unfortunate but true. I would have been geeked to get a Mandora figure but I can't imagine she would be a big seller.

13. Tygra_Rules

Same as Willa and Nayda. Others could have been Queen Tartara and Ta-She.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Agreed. Although I would want Jagara over Tartara.

15. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I would've liked the Berserkers to be the sole villains for the "Together We Stand" episode instead of adding the Lunataks into proceedings.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

Ugh don't get me started on characters that sohuld have had toys over things that should not have. I'm looking at YOU Safari Joe and Captain Cracker. *glares*

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i think safari joe is a great character .:whistle

18. mumm_ra_n_rana

ev
    everyone has their opinion. If you like him I'm glad.

19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

:thumbsup

20. Tygra_Rules

I never was a Jagara fan. What about a Mumm-Rana action figure? I think I wouldn't have bouught it, at least not necessarily (but my OCD might have made me LOL)