Any Gamers Here?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Anyone here who play video games? I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanatic, but I own literally all the latest consoles/handhelds.

My favorite system at the moment is the DS...it's just so different from everything else on the market.

Looking forward to getting Kingdom Hearts 2 next month!

2. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

I miss oldschool gaming, my brother when he
    was hanging out with a bad group stole all my
    good systems and pawned them off.

I miss my Atari(s), NES, SNES, and Dreancast.

I Still play x-box, and Ps2 every so often.

3. amalthea84

amalthea84 Junior Member

you mean you still don't play it?? It took me until last year to graduate up from NES to SNES now I'm playing x-box.. took a while to get me to play it though because I prefer a 2D world

4. amalthea84

amalthea84 Junior Member

Oh sorry just read that your brother pawned them off. That sucks! How much are they nowadays? haha

5. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

Going rate for Atarti $50, same for Dreamcast, NES, goes for
    almost $100 sometimes.

6. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Still a gamer here...nothing beats old school. Dont get me wrong the games now are cool but i would take the NES any day of the week. By the way Tim is good to see you around its been a while

7. amalthea84

amalthea84 Junior Member

geeez that makes me glad i still have my original :eek:

8. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Did anyone ever play the Alex Kidd games for the Sega Master System?

God, I loved those! Especially the Miracle World one :D

The music on those is so cool! :lol:

9. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

I miss being around. I miss working on the site, even though I'll admit I wasn't too much help.

I miss my original NES, Mario / Duck Hunt gave many hours of enjoyment, as did paper boy, and a few others. Super Mario Bros 3. now that's a game I miss. I never liked the re-makes they've had done over the years. The Gamboy, and SNES versions are not the same.

10. MannysCollectibles

Alex Kidd? Of course...man that game was the bomb!!! Wish they could remake that one

11. Mark / Grizzlor

Looks like the PS3 is coming out worldwide in November 2006. Man, I don't understand why companies feel the need to do worldwide launches. Regardless of how much they manufacture, it'll never be enough to meet the demand of holiday shoppers.

I sure hope Nintendo goes a different route...but I doubt they will.

12. blackiecats

To be honest, I think it only fair that they do that. I think it's unfair that the US gets everything first and the UK and Europe is last to get things.

I've always thought it about film releases at the cinema and on DVD.

Even if there are shortages (which is likely) at least a varied amount of people from all over the globe will get the chance to play this new console at the same time. I think it makes sense to do a worldwide launch.

Out of interest, who owns the rights to the character? Would it be Nintendo being as they now own Sega?

13. Mark / Grizzlor

That's true. Japan would have most likely gotten it first with the rest of the world in 2007. I just think rushing the system like the XBOX 360 did will not do anyone good. There will more than likely be faulty units and I would just have liked Sony to have made sure that everything goes as planned instead of trying to make as much business so quickly.

I do understand your point though Neil. :)

14. wanger

wanger Junior Member

15. blackiecats

16. menator

menator Junior Member

I like old games as well. Once and a while I hook up my Neo-Geo Home Cart System and play some Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown 4, Blazing Star...SNK had the best games.

17. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I've been an on and off gamer since the days of the NES. Recently I decided to get into it a little more and got an Xbox 360. It is really impressive how far video games have come since the days of Mario. I haven't decided whether or not I will get a PS3 it looks like it will be really expensive.

18. MannysCollectibles

Seems like the Nintendo Revolution will be the cheapest out of all next gen consoles

19. blackiecats

Saturday I picked up 3 Sega Master System games from a charity shop for just 50p each! (around $1 US dollar)

They were Streets Of Rage, Transbot and The Ninja. All 3 were complete with instruction manuals and case and in excellent condition.

I love picking up classic games that I never got around to playing in the 80's!

Though I did own The Ninja when it first came out, but I swapped it in the 80's for a copy of Alex Kidd in Miracle World (which I definately don't regret as that's my favourite game of all time!)

Anyway, it was cool to get my Master System out again and play these 3 games over the weekend!

20. MannysCollectibles

Alex Kidd in Miracle World...man that was a classic in my book, and one of my all time favs from Sega