Any Gamers Here?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Man Streets of Rage was my favorite Sega Genesis game! I'm so disappointed Sega hasn't revived that series on the newer consoles.

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'm surprised as well as it would definately appeal to classic gamers. I might have mentioned it before, but I want to see a new set of Alex Kidd games as I loved them on the Master System!

The possibilities are endless of what they could do these days with those classic titles!

3. Kansas_Jones

Kansas_Jones Guest

Oh yes, gamer here.

I started with the Atari 2600, then Nintendo, then after a few years of gaming vacation, I purchased a Playstation 1, leading to the PS2. I do not still have the Atari and Nintendo systems.

I currently game on the XBox, and for PC gaming online I play Enemy Territory (First person shooter), and a Star Trek chat / message board based RPG.

Yep, Console, PC and On-Line gamer here.

Some of my old favorites for Nintendo: the first Castlevania, Trojan, Super Mario Bros.

New favorites: Star Trek Elite Force 2, Painkiller

My favorite games involve anything thats a first person shooter. I am also having a kick butt time playing Fable: The Lost Chapters for the X Box, and you always gotta love the fantasy games!

Alright, Im done rambling now lol.

4. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

I played the original Fable and thought it was really good. Fable 2 should be really impressive. I've been playing Oblivion for the last few days and I highly recommend it if you like first person shooter/fantasy games. It is beyond amazing.

5. traeumer

traeumer Guest

Ah yes, it's great to read older posts like this one as the console is named Wii and as the 360 is allready cheaper to get than Nintendos consol :)

Personaly I own a PS3(60GB with software PS2 emulation) and a Wii -> using the PS3 actually more often even while using it most times for its multimedia futures and not for gameing ;)

The old Games are indeed great!
    When I was young I loved to play games on my SchneiderCPC 6128 and on my cousins C64!
    Looking now at a lot of those games I loved back than is sometimes a bit disillusioning. Many of than lost their charm but some of them are still great!

I still love to play games like BubbleBobble(baught it on the virtual consol), and Tetris but most of the games I still like to play are from 16 Bit area. Streetfighter2, Super Mario World, Day of the Tentacle and such titels are great!
    Unlike to the 16 Bit classics I don't like to see that many PS1 or Saturn games back on the screen.

Games are great! :thumbsup:

6. nickmills

nickmills Multimedia Guru TC.org Staff

I'm a very big fan of old-classic games: Resident Evil 1 is still one of my all-time favourite games. Street Fighter II, Sonic 1 & 2.. you name it, I've probably played it. These days, there's not really a new game (besides Grand Theft Auto) that I really wish play. That being said, I am looking forward to the new sequels of Resident Evil and Silent Hill as my brother owns a Xbox360 which I nab off him. :)

7. Mark / Grizzlor

Have you been reading up on Street Fighter IV Nick? It looks like the second coming for the Street Fighter franchise. ;)

I can't wait for RE5 as well. RE4 was one of the best games I played back when it was first released.

8. nickmills

nickmills Multimedia Guru TC.org Staff

I haven't. I purchased the 'Anniversary Collection' a while back which I loved - but I only played the older versions as I wasn't a big fan of the newer ones. That being said, I'll definately look it up.

9. Diego

Diego Moleman

Well above all things i'm a gamer, single player, casual with friends, competitive etc etc. I've done my 4 years community service to WoW, along with alot of other mmo's.

At the moment i'm waiting on APB a new mmo been made by Real Time worlds. It's a different take on the mmo scene with it been a fps, where players either take up the role of cops or robbers... and well I think you can guess what happens from there. If you take an interest in the game, go to http://apb-evolved.com/ it has pretty much everything you need to know and i'm one of the administrators on there (so if you do join, send a pm to me Diego on there, that way I can look out for ya).

Other than that, i'm playing GTA 4 on the 360 and occasionally a bit of Spore on the pc. It didn't live up to expectations, but it's still a damn good game.

On the subject of classic games. I'm an old school sonic fan, that little blue guy was my hero as a kid and frankly still is. The two original cartoon shows dedicated to him, was one of the few other things i'd watch besides the thunder cats. I didn't mine some of the newer stuff, the original sonic adventure came very close to be my favourite after Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Particularly liked some of the hand held ports as well (Sonic Advance 1 and 2).

Eh, enough from me anyway.

10. Mark / Grizzlor

Yeah, Spore had a lot of hype behind it. I definitely enjoy the game, but I thought the first three areas of the game could have been fleshed out more.

I can't wait for Little Big Planet! That's my most anticipated game of the year!

11. Diego

Diego Moleman

I think the civilisation stage needed expanding too. For a planet there where way too few other cities to take care of. It should have been more like in the space stage when you find a planet with a speicies at the same stage, there's hundreds of cities.

12. traeumer

traeumer Guest

I like GTA 4, too. As I don't own a 360 I play it on the PS3 and it makes a lot of fun to let Nico cruse through the huge city :).
    Besides that I actually play SuperMarioGalaxy and MarioStrikersCharged on the Wii - Mario is great!

Yea I'm looking forward to that game, too although I'm a little bit afraid that it can't meet the very high expectations that were/are created by all the hype.
    Btw. did anyone heard something new about Sony's "Home"? :rolleyes: It never has been a musthave for me - but hey they could really hurry up a bit :p

13. Diego

Diego Moleman

Oh, i'm also waiting for fable 2. Hopefully this time Peter won't slap me in the face for having high expectation. Though this would be a big deviation from the normal trend.

14. FlameTygra

FlameTygra Crabman

I love Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Street Fighter, puzzle games, ICO,Shadow of the Colossus (still havent beaten Shadow of the Colossus), a bunch of other crap.

I wish they'd make a TCats game for PS3. It would most likely SUCK tho. :P

15. WILKIEUK

WILKIEUK Junior Member

I love gaming, when i get time to

Got a 360 and PS3, Playing Cod4 and MGS4 at the moment when i get a chance, fave recent games HALO series, GOW, Massefect, KOTOR. im also looking forward to fable 2, but more so fallout 3 sounds amazing!

16. FlameTygra

FlameTygra Crabman

I play my PSP a lot lately.
    I may be giving up on MPO - as i've been STUCK on Python since i got the damn game when it came out. Doesn't matter if i use an assault rifle, handgun, or M922 tranqulizer :P I keep dyying. I think ONCE i got pretty close to beating him. Argh. I'm stuck on Metal Gear in MGA1 but i've beat MGA2 like 2 or 3 times already.

I've finished MGS1,2 and 3.

Anybody here play(ed) Katamari Damacy?
    Or any weird Jap stuff like Work Time Fun?

I love weird Japanese siht.

17. Evilmonk

Evilmonk Junior Member

Ack! The Fable 2 is awesome. Multiplayer, not so much, and it can get a little glitchy sometimes, but a solid effort and better than the original. I play a ton on 360 Live. Next big buys would be Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead. Both look solid.
    I've played Katamari and the sequels. Great games that prove simple can be fun. Parappa was another classic.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  18. FlameTygra

FlameTygra Crabman

I sucked @ Parappa. The commercials were awesome tho !

19. megabyte27

megabyte27 Junior Member

I'm a big gamer, too. I'm big on my PS2 and love the Metal Gear Series. My niece has a DS and she lets me use it every now and then to play Brain Age. Like Manny, I miss my old systems, primarily my Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. There were so many games that I never got to play that I finally have thanks to emulation! But no matter how you play the games, it's good to keep the old stuff alive, just like how we keep the thundercats alive! HO!

20. FlameTygra

FlameTygra Crabman

^_^ I've still got my old systems.

Nintendo, SNES, wwe might have an Atari 2600 somewhere . I hope. I wanna play it haha

I still play SNES. =)