Any Young Justice fans?

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by hammy0924, May 21, 2012.

1. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

I caught up with the show about halfway through the first season, and the second season has been really good. Just wondering if there are any other fans out there.

Mark M likes this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've rented a few episodes of the show on DVD. It's actually a great show to watch.

3. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I've been watching from day 1 and I love how this is going so far. I've also seen the 2 versions of Teen Titans; the Filmation version and the more recent.

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I like it. DC cartoons are usually good. I hate the time skip though.

5. hammy0924

Yeh it really threw me off. I like how many twists were added plus the new characters are cool, but I severely miss Kid Flash and Artemis. What's even worse than that is they apparently aren't heroes anymore (according to the latest episode).

6. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I don't see how Aqualad turned into a bad guy. I get that his dad was Black Manta and all, but he was always the most reasonable person on the team. And even if he was being influenced I don't see how he would go so bad that he would willingly kill so many people. "Aquaman lied to me about who my dad was! Kill! Kill!" It's just sooooooo out of character.

7. hammy0924

I agree. I was really dumbfounded how he let his emotions take over (sounds familiar, huh?) just because Tula died. I don't know, but that alone doesn't make it a bad show, I just miss the old team a lot.

8. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

I've been following this series from day one like Ocelli said. And while I was uncertain at first (I still wax nostalgic sometimes for Justice League), I'm really liking this take on the DCU, which from what I understand is actually set on Earth-16. The first season had kind of a slow-burn in its style of storytelling, but ultimately it paid off towards the end. I thought it was also pretty bold of them to jump forward in time five years, but for the most part they've done a good job of filling in the blanks on the intervening period.

I was taken aback too when I saw Aqualad had gone over to the dark side, as it were. But when you figure that: A) It was already established in the comics that he was Black Manta's son and B) Black Manta is one of my top favorite DC villains, this didn't come as a surprise and I thought it was pretty cool.

I also like how they integrated former Milestone comics characters Icon and Rocket into the DCU, although that had really been done in the comics years ago, as Static Shock was also a Milestone character. But I thought it was a nice tip of the hat to Dwayne MacDuffie, who created them, and honored his memory.

9. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Here's hoping we find the details during the season because Garth's name wasn't mentioned.

10. chique

chique Thunderian Legend

I've been enjoying it for the most part. I've got a couple of hang ups, but I'm still watching it so...yea.

The season 2 Aqualad story just feels wrong. Despite his lack of screen time, he's always been my favorite. He was such a noble character, and so seeing him go down this road breaks my heart. After the first season finale I was hoping we'd get to see him help Roy through some of his feelings over the clone story line, but now they both are in need of guidance! As far as relationships (platonic and romantic) in this show go, Kaldur always seemed like a loner. When the finale reveled his relationship with Roy, I almost cried.

I never thought his feelings for Tula were strong enough to push him into something like this. This is just frustrating:(.

Megan and Conner have always been my least favorite. I've come to like them more since early season 1, but I still would rather have the rest of the team around. I feel like they really got to "shine" the brightest last season, and hoped to see Wally, Dick , Kaldur and Artemis get some of that treatment. Now with Wally and Artemis off the team and Kaldur being evil, it looks like SuperMartian with a side of Nightwing are the only options.

Not that I have nothing to look forward to. It looks like Roy is going to get a really good plot, and I'm sure we will find out exactly what happened to Kaldur.

Im also excited about some of the new additions. Robin ll/lll ( Though it's unlikely, I have no idea if Jason Todd managed to become Robin in the five year time skip), Blue Beetle and Lagoon Boy are my new OT3!

Time skip doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it did. Replacing the original team bothers me more than the time skip does. The bit at the end of "Salvage" had me in a fit of giggles. Cheshire for president! Really, she is probably the only person capable of casually pulling out a baby.

On that note, Young Justice seems to have upped it a bit on the maturity scale. Some posters think Canary's "..used to treat your body like a temple" line was a nod to Roy's comic cannon drug use. Now they've added in his young fatherhood and estranged relationship with Cheshire. Artemis and Wally are going to college and living together ( no kids, but still surprising). If that wasnt enough, Artemis' walking around pantsless in a large school jersery sure does;)

11. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Yeah, I thought maybe during the intervention with Roy, that maybe they were making subtle allusions to the history of his comic/Earth-1 counterpart. I appreciated the nod they gave it there.

Somehow, I don't think Jason Todd exists on this particular Earth, and I think that Tim Drake is the current Robin now.

I kind of like M'Gann and Connor's dynamic here. One thing I'm sort of glad, but at the same time sort of miss, is M'Gann's saying, "Hel-LO, Megan!" I know some fans hated it, but I thought it was kind of cute. I noticed that she stopped saying it shortly after it was revealed she based her human appearance after Marie Logan's T.V. sitcom character. And now that she's sort of Beast Boy's guardian/"big sister," she probably no longer says it out of respect for her memory.

And I agree, I like that the show has started gowing in a more mature direction. When Ocelli and I saw Cheshire with that baby, we were like, "Um...wow! That was unexpected!"

12. hammy0924

I had actually just read about them having a baby in the comics a day before, but it was still unexpected. Cheers for this and ThunderCats for being the most mature kids' shows on TV.

13. hammy0924

So this show's coming back on this Saturday and I can't wait!!!

14. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

And now it look's like you will have to wait till January for new episode's. (Come CN get your act together!!!!):lionomad:

15. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

I was about to go and post about this, but it looks like you beat me to it!

Anyway, yeah, Ocelli and I sat down to watch the latest eps of both YJ and Green Lantern on our DVR only to get repeat episodes of Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk. That show is...okay, I guess. I've seen several episodes and can think of worse shows to watch anyway. We were both confused. At least now we know what's going on. But like many, I think we're owed a good explanation. As of right now, the only thing worth watching on Saturday mornings now is the new TMNT show on Nickelodeon.

First Thundercats and now DC Nation. It's like CN is determined to sabotage themselves and remove any shows people are guaranteed to like while at the same time driving them to the competing network. Not very good business practice! Whoever's in charge of making the programming decisions over there needs to be fired post haste!

16. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

I personally think CN has just shot themselves in the foot with this move. There are a lot of unhappy people right now. And if they don't give a really good reason why they did it or start airing DC Nation again. They will be losing a lot of fans in the coming weeks.

17. hammy0924

I think they may have just killed themselves. Every single comment for the posts on their page since Saturday has bashed the living crap out of them, several of them mentioning ThunderCats and other shows CN randomly cancelled. I think they should really get their act together or just call a quits.

18. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

I think they do need do get there the act together. Because I don't see WB straight outright closing the doors on CN anytime soon.

19. hammy0924

Yeah, but the fans can close their doors on them, just like I and a ton of others are.

20. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

Same here. And I only put CN on if my little cousins are over cause they like to watch it. And to watch Adult Swim, that's it.