Are Tygra and Bengali mutual brothers?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Blinded No More, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Well, ALL the FACT FILES are a fun read to say the least.. some of the stuff they came up with is just too good :D I think 50% (maybe more) of the UK comics are "original" stories.

2. thunderwildcats

thunderwildcats Junior Member

Thanks I do like to read them!watched the cartoon god knows how many times,so its good to read these different stories!just picking them up where I can... soo not reading in order...looking forward to more fact files.. the encyclopedia on the thundercats lair has bengali as tygras younger brother but nothing on the tygra file!

3. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Interesting. Thanks Adssse.

It was good to know how his "invisibility" works (and for how long it lasts), as well as to know his other powers.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

The characters created exclusively for the UK "ThunderCats" comics, like Shapeshade, could also be adapted into "ThunderCats" fan fiction if given the chance.

5. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

I think they are actually brothers. Otherwise, Panthro and Lion-o would have called him brother. It was specifically tiger to tiger.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  6. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

I don't think they are brothers per se. In Trial of Mind Power I think it is mentioned about the Tygra clan of Thundera. So I'm guessing that both Tygra and Bengali belong to that clan and hence are figurative brothers, not literal.

No where in the series is their brotherhood ever brought up other than that one line. When leaving Thundera, Tygra didn't say, "Hey let's take my brother with me". Nor did he ever mourn the loss of this brother. Even Bengali when seeing the Flagship take off, didn't say, "Hey that's my bro abandoning me!" :biggrin

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Agreed! Plus, Bengali is [based on] a Bengal Tiger, right? So he could'nt be Tygra's brother.

:)

catgurl likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think Tygra called Bengali brother because they are both Thundarians and what they believe to be the last remaining Thundarians of the Tiger clan.

9. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Fair enough. It was just a pointed moment.

10. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Also, if they were real brothers, their reunion would have been more emotive. Bengali seemed amazed to recognize "the mighty Panthro", but said nothing about Tygra. I think if they were brothers, he would have been a little amazed by that. Besides, if they were brothers, Bengali would have some of the mind powers Tygra had, and he never gave any clue of possessing them.

That's what I always found weird. As Catgurl said, Panthro mentioned the special powers of the "Tygra clan"; if Tygra and Bengali even belonged to the same clan, shouldn't Bengali had had the invisibilty and mind powers of Tygra? Maybe the Tygra clan and the Bengali clan were different ones?

catgurl likes this.
  11. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Exactly. They appear to be different species of Tigers. If they are brothers then Tygra's mum has a lot to answer for! :roflmao
    No worries mate. At the end of the day, we are all just stating our theories. None of us is 100% right nor 100% wrong. That's coz we are trying to make sense of something that the creators themselves didn't bother to.

This reminds me of a funny story: Two art critics are looking at an abstract painting in a posh art gallery
    Critic 1: The artist has really captured the inner torment of a soldier in war in this painting.
    Critic 2: That's not what the painting is about! It depicts the tranquility present in the mind of an unborn child.

So the two quarrel over this for a while, each convinced that he is right. They then spot the artist and tell him their theories and ask him which of them is right. The artist replies, "Oh, I just accidentally spilled my box of paint on this canvas and as I was about to throw it away, I kinda liked the pattern formed so I hung it up here". :biggrin