Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Movie-Brat, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

2. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I'm looking forward to how the world has changed since the end of the last series.

3. Sweet! I've been waiting ages for this show.

4. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

All I have to say is..

About. Damn. Time.

5. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

When's the release date?

I don't know about the new one, I loved the original so much as it was I can't imagine them coming close to its success.

6. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

If it gets enough likes on Facebook, March 24 or not, April 14th with the first two episodes. The timeslot being 11:00 a.m.

7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I enjoyed watching the original Avatar: The Last Airbender. And now I'm just as excited about watching The Legend of Korra, and what's gonna happen on it. The Korra character sounds interesting. :thumbsup:

8. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Well, the facebook page has over 100,000 likes. Expect the first two episodes to be uploaded on the internet by Nickelodeon themselves this Saturday.

9. I just got done watching the new premier of the new show and it's amazing! I love Korra! The first two episodes are online www.korranation.com

I think I'm going to like this show better than ATLA.

10. Fennris

Fennris Moleman

I was extremely impressed with the first 2 episodes. I'm not much of a sports fan though and can anticipate groaning through every Pro-Bending scene...:sneaky:

11. Daremonger

I actually watched the one-hour series premiere of The Legend of Korra online. Now I don't have to wait for it when it comes out next month! ^^

12. Schwans

Schwans New Member

I work Saturday mornings and I am glad that I managed to catch the episodes online. I have no regrets aside from the fact that this wait for the series to officially start is going to be painful. The whole extent of my Korra viewing experience was peppered with squeals, gasps, and dawww! ^-^

That animation is gorgeous.

13. Daremonger

I agree, Schwans. LoK has such lovely animation.

14. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Slithor and I saw the first episode on tv and part of me is counting the days until the DVD's come out. :thumbsup:

Korra has a lot to live up to as the next Avatar and her journey to legend will be just as amazing as her grandfather's.

15. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

16. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Like Ocelli said, we really dug it!:cool:

I appreciated the little shout-outs to the previous show, including Katara's minor role.

I also like how the world evolved since the last time we saw it. Seems that it's somewhere on a 1920's/1930's level of technology. Although I would have thought with bending being commonplace, there wouldn't have been automobiles as we knew them, as there wouldn't have been a need to make the internal combustion engine.

But still, yeah, I thought it was really cool. Pro-Bending is probably now the coolest fictional sport since Rollerball, IMO.

Hate saying this, but it looks like it's going to give Thundercats a run for its money!

17. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

I just saw it on tv for the first time tonight! Caught it about 15 minutes in, it lasted an hour. Are all the episodes an hour? I don't know if this was the first episode or if others have aired before it. Korra arrives in the city, is arrested, but then rescued by the Air Bender who I gather is Aang's son who is married with three little airbender children - two girls and a boy.

Anyhoo...

I love the animation. Just like with Avatar: The Last Airbender. The animation is superb. The only animation I don't usually care for is what I call goofy animation. Like when the airbender's head turned red and I think it looked like steam coming out of his ears - I don't really like that part of anime. I really don't like the airbender teacher because he is a little too much of a hot head. He makes me really miss Aang and his calmness.

I like the boy she met who didn't like her at first who does fire bending on her team. I suspect he is her love interest for the show.

I like seeing that she's not perfect. She's too hot-tempered and rash which makes learning air bending difficult.

I'm not so sure about the Polar Bear Dog. I like the Flying Bison much better.

I don't really understand - is the airbender island in or outside of the city?

Sokka's daughter? Wow, I'm curious to know more about her story and how she ended up the way she did with such a despise for the Avatar.

Any guesses who the guy in the mask is? Maybe Zuku's son or grandson? I did read that the actor who voiced Zuku is voicing in the new series and he said he was surprised to see who it was.

18. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

They aired the first two episodes last week. It was a one hour premiere.

19. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

Slithor and I joked that it's the son of the cabbage seller that usually found himself at the wrong place at the wrong time.

20. MoonKnight

MoonKnight Vortex Explorer

This spinoff is really great - especially when amon is around :thumbsup:

Thundercats and this are def the best action toons on tv right now