Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Movie-Brat, Mar 14, 2012.

1. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

I thought the same. Plus we got all but ONE SECOND of Bumi, no backstory or character development at all for Iroh (who didn't even need to be in the show at all), and apparently Asami doesn't care anymore that Mako completely doesn't care about her anymore. You can fly planes through some of the plot holes too.

2. AirMuseServalia

AirMuseServalia Berserker

I was oddly disappointed in the fact Korra automatically channeled all her bending so quickly. That is, unless, just in the avatar state she was able to bend all 4 elements. I do get the philosophy of at your lowest point is when you can tap into your spiritual energy, but still that felt a bit rushed. *ahem* Though I hear they were rushed because of the demands from directors and the suits, of course. I'm an optimist/realist, so I say it was decent. I'm easy to please at times. Though...Mako...that boy... *shakes head* Shippers give me a headache sometimes. But its creators ship shippings, too.

Y'all say they are making another season, yes?

3. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

Agreed the whole series was just rushed. They said it took 2 years to make the first season. HAHA More like 2 Months.

4. hammy0924

It felt like they wrote the first two episodes and the last two episodes and just filled up the rest with filler episodes. It's a shame that their great writing skills have just completely gone down the drain.

One thing I'm getting bashed for (on YouTube) is people think I'm just mad because Korra got her bending taken away (which she really didn't), much like how people didn't like the TCats finale only because of Pumyra being evil. That's not the case. This finale was a victim of bad writing, and there's nothing more to it.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I watched the hour-long finale. It was pretty good until the ending. It's great that Korra can airbend, but was felt wrong of her to regain her connection to the rest of the elements so quickly.

6. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

It was great until the end. "No we can't leave anything unresolved for the next season so let's just quickly wrap up every single loose end in 5 minutes."

Lame.

They would've been better off keeping Korra limited to Airbending in the next season and trying to find a way to restore the other elements and get in touch with the Avatar state.

7. hammy0924

I agree. That was the worst part. It was only mildly disappointing for me up to there.
    Merged Post:
    I also thought the writing suffered with Amon/Noatok. He changed his mind in an instant for just being knocked in the water by Korra and dodging some firebending? C'mon writers!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  8. Daremonger

Now that season one is complete, it'll be awhile before it's on DVD/Blu-ray.

9. MoonKnight

MoonKnight Vortex Explorer

Hahaha Yakone has Grune's voice actor :thumbsup:

Anyway . the season final kept me on suspense for a while , I do have my "problems" with it . but it was good .

Mako is still a jerk though . and I can declare that as much as I love avatar - Thundercats remains the better show for now when it comes to season finals :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  10. Daremonger

And Tarlok had Slithe and Kaynar's voice actor as well.

11. balgus82

And was I hearing things...or did Young Amon (in the flashback) have the same VA as Aang did in TLA? lol

12. Daremonger

I hadn't noticed. LOL.

13. chique

chique Thunderian Legend

It had it's good points, but over all I felt let down.

14. Daremonger

Hopefully season two will have a better storyline and better characterization.

15. MoonKnight

MoonKnight Vortex Explorer

Heh small world :p but this guy is a multi-talent overall . I mean...he does the voice of Parry the platypus !!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  16. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

One can only hope. But from what I've seen with the first season I doubt it.:(

17. Eclipse

Eclipse Moleman

So much discontent. I'll place myself on the other side of the road and state that Deus ex machina notwithstanding (with the avatar being, well, the avatar after all), three ships sunk to the bottom of Yue Bay to never see the light of day again (Borra being my flagship) and Amon turned into a damn blood bending liar, I enjoyed it immensely and will look forwards to the next season.

There :)

18. hammy0924

I think the main problem with this series is that the pilot episode(s) set up the series so incredibly well and from there on it was a downward spiral of pure bad writing, lack of character development, and a rushed plot. If they would have written each episode like the pilot, it would have been so much better.

19. balgus82

I wasn't as disappointed with the whole season like so many others seem to be. The only thing I think is that it seemed like there was more to tell. It still seemed like the beginning of the story and the ending came rather abruptly.

20. hammy0924

I felt like they wrote the first episode and the last episode and just tried to fill in the gaps with random stuff.