Bandai 6" 2011 Lion-O query

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but here's a question about the 6" Lion-O figure (2011 version). I know he was released in wave 1 and in wave 2. The wave 1's face did not have painted eyes (nor did Panthro), but with Wave 2 pictures were released of his eyes being painted the same way as 2011 Tygra and Cheetara 6" figures' were. Was he actually ever sold and made available? People always tend to advertise the 6" figure picture below, but what you end up getting is the unpainted eyes. I'm looking for the painted eyes version.
    [​IMG]
    Here are the unpainted eyes version:
    [​IMG]
    Another thing I noticed is that there seems to have also been a painted version of Panthro out there as per this photo:
    [​IMG]

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I don't believe these "painted" versions were for retail but rather for shows/marketing (someone please correct me if I am wrong). On these you can also see that all the pegs are colored to match the surrounding area which I don't believe was ever done in the production runs.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

It's sad though, because they look great with their painted eyes. I've had to draw on mine with a pencil so they can fit in with the painted lot. :D I should've asked Booshman to customize their faces. :mummra

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree that they look much better that way. I don't trust myself to paint them but Booshman does do a great job!

Sebastiaan likes this.