Bandai 6" Lion-O No Insignia

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by adssse, Jul 14, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I recently picked up this modern 6" Lion-O with no insignia on the belt. Looking at it you can tell it was not removed or worn off, but apparently a factory error. I also noticed that the numbers on the back are different from the other one that I have loose. I was wondering if anyone else had one of these oddities or any opinions on the significance of the numbers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very interesting! I did a quick search on Ebay and found these figures with at least three different serial numbers on their back (two of which are the same as the ones you have).

I think these numbers might be batch numbers or factory id numbers?

Regarding the missing belt insignia, that to me looks definitely like a factory error. I've seen a few of these Lion-O's with faded logo, but usually the logo is partially faded and that is due to rough playing. And there are usually scratches and dents on the belt because of this. But seeing that your belt is shiny new and there is not even a trace of the logo, makes me feel that it is surely a factory error, so a rare commodity! :)

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks for your response Wilycub! I didn't realize they used three different numbers (my other loose figure also has the 0601) and I am in agreement they are some sort of identifier. What specifically they indicate I guess is a mystery.

Factory errors are kind of a cool thing to grab when they are available so I am happy to give him s good home!

4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Now this is interesting -- Bandai 2011 Lion-O with no ThunderCat insignia. :)

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, it is actually more cartoon accurate oddly enough.

Daremonger likes this.
  6. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

If only they do figurart for Thundercats..