Bandai America gets master ThunderCats license

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mumm-Ra, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess we'll see, but uhh...I'm not holding my breath because again, its Bandai we're talking about. Also, since they're targeting a Summer/Fall release...I mean its possible they may have a few ready for Toy Fare, but I'm thinking a safer bet for a reveal is Comic Con in July. That's probably when we'd either first see the line, or we would probably see a bigger revealing of their products (that's where we first saw Hard Heroes, and Icon Heroes statues).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I'd really like to see something in February at NYTF, but I agree it might be more likely to see stuff at Comic Con instead. I am getting more and more excited by this news every day. I honestly cant remember when I was anticipating a toyline as much as this one!

3. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I was just thinking: if we get a smaller scale for the figures, and if they do a vintage wave or waves, I hope we get a thundertank in a better scale. It would be cool to be able to sit all of the team in the back section. I wonder if we'd get lucky enough to get a thunderstrike as well.

4. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Well I'd be more inclined to think they will show some concept stuff and toy prototypes at New York Toy Fair (as this event is to basically sell the stuff to the retailers...remember this is not an event for the general public!;) )

and then I would of thought that they would launch the brand and new toys at SDCC, which is open to the general public.

If they do not show anything at NYTF, I feel that it's a missed opportunity.

5. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I hope so! I just want to see some concept art on the new take of the characters. I'm trying to grasp whether or not they'll be adults or children, and if Jaga will be in it at all. For some reason I keep imagining Jaga being like an old mentor and the team all being teenagers.

6. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

In a few moments you will see footage from the new series and figures... just transferring London Toy Fair footage from my camcorder!

(No pictures were allowed so this is really gonna be brief!)

Edit: Here you go...

[​IMG]
    Sword of omens, Tigra, Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro), the Thunder Tank (two separate words) and the... Thunder Bike!

[​IMG]
    Blurry still from my video... pictures were strictly forbidden, sorry guys!
    The interesting part of this picture is the promo picture of the Classics line (20cm tall) Lion-O. Very similar to the Icon Heroes statue but with complete articulation.
    Additionally, there will be 15cm (larger?) deluxe variations of the modern standard figures, with pretty much the same design.

[​IMG]
    A brief look at the new Cat's Lair. Or Tower in that case.

[​IMG]
    Finally, a picture of the new show character designs!

[​IMG]
    ...and the new logo.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  7. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for uploading these - this is absolutely out of this world!!! :thumbsup:

Take care... :)

8. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

The available playsets were only the Tower (replacing the Lair?), the Thunder Tank and the Tron-like bike (that can be stored inside the Thunder Tank). Each figure features a magnet and they communicate with the vehicles (maybe it recognizes each character but I'm not quite sure).

The figures are quite small, very similar to the Ben 10 toyline but much more articulated and very well detailed (if the identical figures make it to production). Panthro has scars throughout his massive body and the were actually textured instead of just painted.

The classic Lion-O was looking very loyal to the original design, I could easily compare this figure's picture with the MOTU Classics toyline.

I'm pretty much positive... but a little bit concerned about the classic: I'm not quite sure if it's only going to be Lion-O! :/

9. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

very cool

Great photos, thank you for posting these for all to enjoy.

W

10. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Thanks for all this info, it sounds very positive indeed! Seeing these, I'm actually developing a very positive feeling about this revamp, visually at least it looks as though the powers-that-be have really got a good sense of what made ThunderCats so good (and what we fans love about it)! :)

Take care... :)

11. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Since the toys are now unveiled I will close this thread...discussion can be posted on the newly created thread for they toy discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.