Bandai Classic Line (Lion-O & others)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Now we are talking about the real deal right there.

Thats a more similar figure look a like to the original cartoon. Much better than the original one. I'm going to start collecting that line. :liono

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I'm talking about the statue pics I posted, you lost me. whatever.

3. Mint Condition

Mint Condition Junior Member

Remember this is a prototype and is from their catalogue listing. The lack of eyebrows could be explained by that, and the hair? Yeah it's a bit bright but it's supposed to be. Maybe it will be toned down for the actual release, who knows.

And remember, he's coming with a short Sword of Omens as well, which I bet will be able to fit in the Claw Shield (which itself probably just snaps or slips onto Lion-O's arm) to fit onto the belt.

And what's with all these people saying he's too tan? Did you watch the cartoon with your TV screen brightness all the way up or something? Lion-O has always been kinda orangey.

4. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I think he looks amazing. The bright hair and eyebrows are the only issues that will hopefully be fixed in the actual figures. I love how much articulation he has, and the cat symbols are perfect.

5. Mint Condition

Mint Condition Junior Member

I agree. I'm so excited for these. I really hope they make more than just Lion-O and Tygra.

6. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

LOL I was just watching that last night, I'd be Windows! :D

7. Sorry, I watched the movie for the first time three days ago and it reminds me of this place.....I had to act on it! LOL

I need to edit but WTF, even with rum, the classic figure looks like a badly made custom.

8. Pretty sure they're going to as I believe Dr. Slump and/or Liar Dice Films saw a concept drawing for Mumm-Ra in this line at the UK show.

Thundercats fans aren't nearly as "fanboyish" as MOTU fans. You should read some of the things they get upset about in their various forums. Just read a few of the "Ask Matty" Q&A's that get put out at some of the miniscule details that some of these people ask for. Thundercats fans aren't within a country mile of where those fans are.........yet. And I pray that we don't get there either.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  9. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I think the difference is chicks dig ThunderCats. I've never been embarrased to admit to a hottie that I'm into Tcats. MOTU would be a different story. o__o

10. Grune......your posts are sobering me up and THAT SUCKS!

I love ya ;) Now be a good lil ghost and get me a rum and coke....and don't go easy on the rum. I need it to put up with this fandom bullcrap. :D

11. I would if you weren't several states away ;) (I need to take time out to fill in some of my bio on here).

Anyhow, here's hoping we see an actual shot of Lion-O at NYTF, and maybe Tygra too

12. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

I hate to say it, but I hate this figure. I'm a huge Thundercats fan and a huge Marvel Legends fan (articulation style is similar), but this just doesn't cut it. His expression is reminiscent of a stupid caveman's, (as previously mentioned) he has no eyebrows, his hair resembles a helmet, not hair, and the skin tone is off. I am bitterly disappointed...

That said, the sword and belt look pretty solid, but that doesn't make up for the figure not looking like Liono.

13. HEY, HEY, HEY! I don't give a flying Monkian's poop about your location. All I care about is Capt. Morgan and Diet Coke!

I'm just kidding, I like the new classic Lion-O, I think the new Bandai Lion-O looks like his son.

Folks, you need to lighten up.

14. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

We would lighten up if there was a good figure in all this new stuff, but so far nada.

and diet coke? hmm tastes better with dr pepper or cherry coke. lol your too much lynxie.

15. Synthalus

Synthalus Junior Member

Lion-O looks Awesome! The way the neckcut was done isn't aesthetically pleasing, but it's an easy thing to overlook because for the rest this figure looks like pure awesomeness! I'm super thrilled were getting super articulated ThunderCats figures with great sculpts. This is what I wanted for years and finally here they are!!! I was skeptical of Bandai at first, even more so after seeing the 4" figures with out of proportion hands etc. but I have to say Bandai has nailed it! I couldn't be more happier about it! :thumbsup:

Now here's to hoping the 8" classic collector line will last and gives us at the very least all of the previously released vintage figures and then some. I'd love to see the Warrior Maidens, Mandora the Evil Chaser and Claudius along with a lot more villains!!!

16. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

We feel exactly the same :thumbsup:

17. TheFallen

TheFallen Berbill

The original Lion-O didn't have eyebrows;
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Back on topic now please folks.

...And, please make sure you're sober (or at least acting sober) when you post on these forums. Being friends with me on Facebook doesn't exempt you from getting your posts nuked (or more severe action if necessary) if I see something I think is inappropriate. ;)

Back on-topic - for myself I'm very pleased with the Classics Lion-O, with the exception of the sheath, which if it makes it to the final product I hope is removable. :)

Take care... :)

19. Saint Doyle

Saint Doyle Crabman

Overall I'm impressed. I'll throw in an additional concern about the hair looking a little off, but I'm still pretty excited about this one.

20. flagelo

flagelo Junior Member

no doubt ,this is the best lion-o figure of all time.