Bandai Classic Line (Lion-O & others)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Vivek, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Lilith

Lilith Active Member

As far as I know these are regular retail toys and should be sold at Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, etc.

2. REX-203

REX-203 New Member

Awesome! Thanks!

3. Mint Condition

Mint Condition Junior Member

You must go to some fancy McDonalds! Seriously, I hate when people say this about toys they don't think look good. I've never seen a happy meal toy with 18 points of articulation and with such a detailed sculpt.
    Merged Post:
    I hope we'll get to see the 6 inch figures based on the new cartoon as well at Toy Fair! And hopefully mention of more Classics figures! We at the very least need Cheetara, Panthro, and Mumm-Ra. I can live without Wily-Kit and Kat and Snarf if I absolutely had to.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, I just expected more
    from a classics line. It's nice that they are articulated and accurately colored, I just can't
    get passed at how super shiny they are and how they missed the characters likeness. The vintage Tygra (adult) in my opinion looked more cartoon accurate in the face so you would think they would be able to capture his likeness 20 something years later. That's all, maybe once we get some other angled pics I'll warm up to him but as of now I would pass.

5. Liono1979

Liono1979 New Member

I need these figures....NOW

6. Jacpre

Jacpre New Member

The Tygra figure doesn't look too bad the only problem I have with it is the left hand. It just looks weird. Maybe it is just the way the picture was taken.

7. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

i just think we should all be greatful a classic line is coming out-saving hundreds on buying the originals MOC

long may the classic line continue-they are sooo much better than the new line with lion-o-'king of the thundercats'

King-he is the bloody LORD of the thundercats-Larry Kenney should have said something when recording his lines :thumbsup:

8. Tygra's face is way too scrunched up, and his tufts are much too prominent.

Also, again with the blue color scheme of the costume? And why is that elbow pad on his left elbow black?? Remember that from the show?
    [​IMG]

He also absolutely looks like he's wearing depends, which has me looking less forward to Panthro given his old show's costume.

They nailed the emblem accuracy, but the head sculpt on him is pretty awful.

Edit - should have said right elbow

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  9. Janathian

Janathian New Member

I agree that his face should be wider - but I don't think the elbow pad is black. I think it's a really dark metallic/pearlescent blue that just doesn't photograph well. I bet it will be blue when you see it in person.

10. From the pics snapped at NYTF today looks like they may have color corrected Lion-O's ultra-red hair from earlier pics. Either that or it was just really bad lighting. Looks much better on the ones today.

Tygra's face though still looks "bleh", and I must say I'm still underimpressed with his whip unless that thing can be bent and stays in place so it can be shaped to go along with poses.

11. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Additional information on Lion-O: He will come with a separate hand in addition to the claw shield hand! So the claw shield comes off and you put on another hand! Pretty cool!

12. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Classic or '11 figure?

I expect you mean classic as that figure has a 3 fingers plus thumb for the shield and 4 fingers plus thumb for a hand. So it would be hard to have an enclosed glove that fits properly without the use of swappable arms.

13. Mark / Grizzlor

Classics (the thread is Classics Line :))

14. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

:duh: I didn't scroll far enough up, lol. Just saw "2011 ThunderCats Toys & Collectibles" It's been a long day at work.

15. Mark / Grizzlor

It's okay :)

But I thought it was cool that we were getting to hands (regular hand + claw shield hand).

I thought you'd just put the shield over the hand, but I guess it'd be hard to stay on.

16. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

This classic line is gonna look great if they make all the main characters (the original TCats from Exodus). I can see Wilykit and Wilykat looking so cool. Snarf would be amazing as well. So far I only like Tygra, Lion-O's gonna take some getting used to. I'm really digging the packaging on these, looks just like the 80s.

I also noticed they touched up the Lion-O 14' figure, looks awesome now. That should of been the mold for the 8' classic Lion-O!!

17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

The only thing disappointing me with the Classic Lion-o is the Blister which he comes with. They hit the nail on the head with the Figure, Lion-o is truly a blend of the LJN counterpart and a modern look.
    On the other hand, the meaning of a memorabilia release should refer to the whole Package: Figure, Blister and Cardback. And if someone is even slightly aware of the 1985 Thundercats Toyline craze knows that these two play a major role as well in the overall aesthetic appeal.

Bandai should have laid emphasis on the packaging too. As much as Lion-o has a unique beauty, the bubble is just a generic case that detracts from the Figure's visual aspect.

Personally, as a collector i wouldn't like to display him inside the bubble.

18. BenGali85

BenGali85 Junior Member

Good news--the whip IS poseable, and will stay in whatever shape you want it.

19. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

I'm very looking forward to those two.

20. If that is the case that is a BIG win for Tygra. Having a stagnant, plastic, whip is the worst version of that accessory they could have had. Having it poseable to where you can bend it around him for his disappearing pose is going to be sweet.

I'm hoping with Panthro we do get actual chain link (preferrably metal, but plastic would do) chucks instead of one solidly molded plastic weapon.

I think just about every fan would be ok with a higher price point if they had to do that for that particular fig so we could get the most poseable version of the weapon for him.