Bandai Panthro Nunchucks

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Joseph Williams, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Joseph Williams

Joseph Williams Junior Member

Afternoon Community!

I have been looking for the Bandai 2011 Panthro Nunchucks with seriously zero results. If any of talk know where I could find a set, or an auction website other then Ebay, that would be fantastic. I have been able to find almost everything else of the 2011 toyline except those...any sites or places I could look to narrow the search would be amazing! Thanks Y'all!

2. tone

tone Active Member

you can find a couple on mercado libre - which means you'll have to use a proxy buyer, adding to the list price.

Joseph Williams likes this.
  3. Joseph Williams

Thank You Tone. I did manage to run across those last night. But like you said, i would need a proxy buyer, which i know absolutely zero about how all that goes or even where to start. Plus the list price is a little steep....but its one of those questions you gotta ask yourself...How bad do you really want it?? haha...

Any info you could provide about finding a proxy would be awesome...i appreciate the help and the answer

tone likes this.
  4. tone

tone Active Member

I looked into this last year when I was chasing a thundertank. That deal fell through so I never got to this stage, but what I found out was there are parcel forwarding services. I googled for articles listing the best ones then narrowed it on the seller's country (france - seller was unwilling to ship international) and on price.

5. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Bummer you can't find a set. The set of 3 basic roleplays weapons were on ebay for a very long time - I now see they be long gone :(

Joseph Williams likes this.
  6. Joseph Williams

Yeah i found alot of those too. Lots of em that had already passed and i can find the sword and claw shield all over. regular and deluxe version of both....but them nunchucks are hiding from me. Like Tone pointed out, you can find them on Mercado Libre, but the asking price is kinda steep, and then i would have to pay someone in that part of the world to buy it for me, and then the shipping would just be ridiculous. So im just gonna keep looking and hope for the best. i have found every variant for the 2011 series except those. characters/vehicles ive been able to collect them all.....them nunchucks are my last piece. ironically before i joined up here, i found the set of 3 on animetee.com....but soon as i ordered it, i got a reponse back from them saying they had sold out and hadnt updated the website.....so that was super depressing. lol.....but oh well....the search continues!

7. Joseph Williams

Finally managed to find a proxy Buyer off of Reddit, hes helped out a few other guys i guess, so his reputation is good.

Hey Tone i was curious, i have a list of all the toys that IIII know of from the 2011 Bandai line, Heres the link, If you wouldnt mind, can u check it and let me know whats missing from it?? Thank You Sir

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=1312

If you do find anything missing, i know Panthro Nunchucks are not listed, but if you can find anything else missing, could you throw up some pics for me? Thank You so much man. Youve alrdy been a huge help to me. I Appreciate it all

8. tone

tone Active Member

Wish I could help but (1) I'm a niche collector of Panthro stuff and (2) I only collect original Panthro (and I have issues with the 2011 version) so I don't collect that stuff at all.
    But there are some deeply knowledgeable collectors on here, so you're in the right forum to find definitive answers.

9. Joseph Williams

I do love the classic LJN toys, even Mattels classic ones they msde a few years back. I'm just not willing to drop hundreds of dollars at once on 1 figure. Not yet anyway. But that time will come

tone likes this.
  10. tone

tone Active Member

Luckily I haven't had to do that so far. My most expensive figure is the mezco panthro. I keep wanting to invest in some custom statues but the price points are in the hundreds so I agree with you there. I think the most I'll be adding for the foreseeable future is a couple of custom TLS figs.

11. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

You could try Amazon.com. They have the little Lion-O sword and claw shield, and I also saw the Tygra whip in there too. I don't know how much you'll pay for them, but as another poster said, the role play stuff was prevalent, even the deluxe Sword of Omens, and then it just disappeared. I bought a bunch of the 2011 Deluxe roleplay Sword of Omens at Magic Mart a few years ago, but you can hardly find those at all now, or if you do, they are well-worn loose, or a hundred dollars or more MOSC.

I hope you find what you're looking for, good luck!

12. Joseph Williams

thanks for the reply!!! Actual the nunchucks themselves were made in such small production before the toyline got cancelled, u can no longer find them in the US at all. I had to find a gentlemen from Mexico to buy them for me from MercadoLibre. They just arrived today as a matter of fact