Bandai Site... WHISKERS!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Thunderbee, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Thunderbee

Thunderbee Junior Member

[​IMG]

So, all links to the Thundercats portion of their site are DOWN... And have that image. Not good? Or perhaps NEW PICS ARE BEING ADDED NOW?!?!?!?

:confused:

2. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

Hoping the latter. Expecting...I have no idea.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Hopefully just site maintenance...

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

So the background was changed and they added "whiskers" instead of a generic cannot be found message. Seems to me like it was intentional.

5. hammy0924

Yes, it does seem rather intentional.

6. ZeroZhane

ZeroZhane Junior Member

I have a friend of about 19 years who works for Bandai America in the sales department and I asked him to see if he could find anything out about the line 2 weeks ago and called this afternoon and told me that "There is going to be information released in the next week or two that will make a great deal of people happy." when refering to Thundercats. As blank as that is I wonder if this on the website has anything to do with it.

(and this is a personal friend I made at a convention a few years back before power rangers was bandai's big eruption of toys, back when Ultraman Towards the Future was a toy line i was collecting)

7. hammy0924

Seems like something good is going to happen. Maybe this could be a positive thread after all!:thumbsup:

8. balgus82

Maybe they'll finally release the 6" twins, Armor of Plunn-Dar, and Classic Cheetara they mentioned in interviews a while back.

9. Snarfer

Snarfer Junior Member

...maybe they can finally release 6" Tygra ...I mean for real this time!

10. hammy0924

That would be nice.

11. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Looks like Bandai has updated the website. The fact that they put "Whiskers" in that message last night made it obvious it was intentional. Looks like they added the new 6" stuff and others like Claudus and AoO.

12. hammy0924

Cool. I'm going to check it out in a second.

13. Michael

Michael Mutant

So they've added the wave 2 stuff to their site? Is that the change?

Isn't it funny how so many people are quick to jump to the negative????

14. ZeroZhane

ZeroZhane Junior Member

While this is just a wave 2 update that I am seeing on the site, this does show a small renewed intrest in getting the figures out there and known offically. Thats not to shabby (you gotta take every win you can get)

15. Michael

Michael Mutant

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a bad thing at all. I think (and it is just pure speculation on my part) that as far as Bandai are concerned, they are right on track with what they planned to do. I think they released details of wave 2 a bit too early and messed up with some of the US shipping, but are back on track now. They probably always planned to update the site about this time, just before the release of the wave 2 figures in Autumn in the UK. In the meantime I'm guessing they're working on wave 3 since it can take up to a year to develop one figure.

16. hammy0924

It is. It's also really annoying, especially in cases like this, when they deny, deny, deny and now they've released information that it is in no way discontinued.

17. ZeroZhane

ZeroZhane Junior Member

I allway's felt that wave 2 leaked out a little to early. Cause what I was able to find in my stores was kinda like a teaser of stuff, I managed to get about 4 out of the 7 things I saw from wave 2 and its never been re-released. They only put out more of wave 1 stuff. I think today is a good win all and all.

18. balgus82

The wave 2 stuff was on the site before it went down. I saw them up there last week.

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Kind of topic... i purchasede from ebay today the Tygra&Lion-O Classic along witht he deluxe SoO!! pretty excited! has anyone living in EU seen or purchsed the DX Claw??

About Wave 2 all i have to say is i hope it gets released in UK. The EU fans should be given the chance to acquire them no matter what happens.

20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I certainly want to add that 6" Tygra to my collection w/o paying crazy ebay prices!