Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Mark M, balgus82 and Sebastiaan like this.
  2. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Looking forward to seeing what would of made up Wave 3, even if its gonna make feel a bit gutted we didn't get any of it.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Great article! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

This is the most depressing article ever!!!!!!!!! Now I'm even more p1$$3d that this line never continued. I bet we'll be seeing the rest of the mutants, Jaga and Pumyra (which I sooooo badly wanted!!!) And more classic TC????? What's up with that???? That DRILLER look fantastic!!!!!![​IMG]

Mad Bubbler and Wilycub like this.
  5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I was just coming over to see if anyone posted this. Man I would've LOVED to have that Driller figure. *Sigh*

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What a great article. :D Driller looks great. The 4" Cheetara not so much...just like the Lion-O and Tygra deluxe figures.

ninja cat likes this.
  7. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Well we already know what Wave 3 of the Basic Figures was probably going to look like:
    [​IMG]
    We can all thank Cartoon Network's handling of the show, and Bandai's absurd case ratio pack outs for the death of TCats2011.

xluckinekostylex and Mark M like this.
  8. ninja cat

Dont think I've ever seen that image before.

9. balgus82

Those were all released.

10. ninja cat

That Tygra, Grune and the gun with Slithe were never released.

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I can't help but think if this had been the second wave or even some mixed in with the first the toy line might have done a lot better.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I have been patiently waiting for these articles for a while. I am super stoked to find out more about would have come out. I had seen an image of the Deluxe Cheetara somewhere a while back, but never had any confirmation of it until now. Driller also looks pretty sweet. Needless to say I would have bought all that I could afford!

13. Sebastiaan

Ok so its Monday already..... bring on the reveal.... :D

14. Sebastiaan

Well, here go folks, the Wilytwins in 6" scale!
    [​IMG]

shortfuse and Mark M like this.
  15. Sebastiaan

And this Grune would have been fab as a 6"!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

The classic mini figures are kinda cool too. Especially when you compare them to the other mini figures line of the new cartoon. Just look at the box artwork!
    [​IMG]

xluckinekostylex and shortfuse like this.
  17. Sebastiaan

Man I really wish that the twins were made available!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

shortfuse likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wow the twins and Grune would have been amazing 6" figures. I really wish there was some way Bandai could still release these. Or even sell the moulds to Mattel and let them release it as an online exclusive.

19. balgus82

Dang I'm sad these didn't get made. Especially the Thunderkittens. I have all the produced 6" figures and they would've completed the set.

Mark M likes this.
  20. balgus82

This part really interests me. "A few months before season one finished airing, Bandai had already gotten all the episode synopsis for the proposed season two and had a few meetings with the WB animation team to roll out what characters/vehicles they were planning and what should/could be included in the show and line beyond what they had planned for FA2012. We will pick back up with the history lesson in tomorrow’s post. Now lets look at some toys!"

I hope they have those season 2 episode synopses to share as well. And maybe even some figures of unseen characters.

Mark M likes this.