Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would have been all over rose kittens and Grune! I am so glad these images are coming out finally!

2. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

As a thundercats fan, The article and this concept is very interesting and I can't wait to see what is revealed. As a consumer and collector I think this is very stupid. Bandi did a horrible job on the thundercats toy line. In my opinion they killed the line (both 2011 and classic). Now they want to show us all the toys they should have made to help keep the line alive and make bandi more money. Unless bandi is getting into the prototype selling business, and this is just a plot to get bidders hooked, this makes zero sense.

Go back to making power rangers bandi.

:tygra:

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I actually thought the 6" figures were pretty decent. I didn't have many complaints about them. I didn't care for the 4" line however, but I believe that was the line intended for the children.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The 6" figure were decent. The first ones had the black joints and a bit shiny but I liked them. The second series with Tygra and Cheetara was a lot better and you could see improvements. It's just a shame they left it so long getting the good stuff out. If this had been released sooner before the cartoon ended, things might have been very different.

Bandai America is different from Bandai Japan. If Bandai Japan had been making Thundercats as part of the S.H. Figuarts line they would have been amazing.

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  5. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

These articles of the lost toys are very cool. I love to see it. It just sucks knowing what could have been. I would have been all over the lost toys.

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Thundercats 2011 can join the list of toylines that got cancelled before releasing some of the core characters and even better toys like Bucky O'Hare, Visionaries, Ewoks, Droids, Galaxy Rangers, Bravestarr, Darkwing Duck, Young Justice, Avatar TLAB, NECA Turtles and Skeleton Warriors.

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I actually bought and enjoyed all sizes of the line. I agree the 6" were pretty well done (especially Tygra) but I like the 4" equally. They were easier on my wallet allowing me to buy multiples. One to open for my kids and I to play with along with another to keep. I even bought the vehicles and playset (mixed feelings on those) to play with the 4" line. The 8" figures I thought were well done as well, more so Lion-O. I'm also a fan of variations which this line has plenty of.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

The day 2 article mentions they were going to do a DELUXE 12″ ARMOR OF PLUN-DARR WITH MUMM RA with exclusive clear translucent Mumm Ra figure. So I guess that solves the mystery of my translucent Mumm-Ra ans where it came from. I wonder if we will get any ifo to clear up the clear plastic with glitter thunder Racer Lion-O and Tygra?

[​IMG]

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I remember when you first posted him (and the glitter arms). I was and still am very jealous:smile.
    It is awesome to find out the story behind this figure. I wonder how many of them were created. I would have been so happy to put down my hard earned money for the Armor of Plun-darr!

As you said, I hope that we hear something about your glitter arms! Perhaps something to do with the astral plane?

Mark M likes this.
  10. Booshman

You never know, or maybe a re-release of the tank with more features (maybe missiles),and the side cars included with new exclusive variant racer figs?

[​IMG]

11. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like this new information very much.

Sebastiaan and ninja cat like this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That could be. I wouldn't mind seeing that Tygra with the new Feliner!

Mark M likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Man a Feliner toy would have been awesome...but I suspect it would probably have been undersized like the Thundertank.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Very true. It definitely wouldn't have been cartoon scale, but I would settle for one that fit one figure. It's a shame Tygus came with that glider instead of the plane he flew in Legacy. I suppose that would have made it too expensive for a secondary character.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah some toys are just too big to make to proper scale. A bit like the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars, but it wasn't too far out, it still looked good displayed with the other vehicles and ships. The Fugitoid's ship from TMNT is drastically too small. In the cartoon it's huge but the toy barely holds one figure LOL.

16. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Mark M likes this.
  17. Booshman

Day 3: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afi-thunderweek-thundercats-exclusive-bandai-the-lost-year-day-3/

"One item that was in the works for 2012 that I don’t have any images for for THUNDERWEEK was going to be the 2012 San Diego Comic Con exclusive – an 8″ ThunderCats Classic Cheetara figure. She was sculpted but got cut as well as the rest of the 2012 product because it was all part of the same tooling timeline for the fall line, albeit she would have had slightly tighter timeline to be at the con."

I would love to see pics of that figure, so disappointing they don't have any.

This thing is a bit odd. I like the art for Mumm-Ra, but this Lion-O fig isn't grabbing me at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Would have liked a berbil tho.

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

WOW! That Lion-O looks amazing. A nice progress of growth from what he looked like. He looks as if he has grown. Would have loved the Berbil (an army of them).
    Mumm-Ra and Cheetara would also have been amazing.
    The Armour of Plundarr etc all looked great.
    I think this might make Thundercats 2011 the toyline with the coolest unreleased toys. I really wish Bandai could get the licence again for the 2011 series and release these. I have no doubt these would sell a lot better. Who knows if these were released to accompany a stand alone animated movie continuation of the series it could really help the franchise.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Man, these unproduced toys are amazing...its killing me to know we didn't get them. :(

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Such an incredible wealth of information about Bandai's ThunderCats license. I really like the Sword of Omens design for the prototype Lion-O figure.