Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am not so sure about that Super Collectors line. It looks kinda off to me.

I really would have liked the 8" Classics Cheetara and the Berbil is great as well. The Saber Tank is cool and I would have picked that up as well. This line definitely needed another playset.

Sebastiaan, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Sabre Tank is really undersized. Yeah it really needed a proper playsey. The Tower of Omens was terrible...one of the worst playsets in all of action figures LOL.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As much as I like this line I have to agree. I got the Tower and there is next to zero playability with it. It (and the Tank) fall apart all the time as well. I ended up super gluing some parts together so my kids and I could properly play with them.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Infairness though it was silly making a playset of the Tower. The Tower from the cartoon had zero potential to make a good toy in the first place and was only in like two episodes. Why they didn't make a huge Sabre Tank playset something like the G.I. Joe Mobile Command Centre is beyond me. But when Bandai were not being too accurate to the cartoon they should have made the Tower a fun toy packed with fun features.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, the Tower didn't have a ton of potential to begin with but considering the Thundercats somewhat nomadic nature in the NS there weren't a ton of options.

Mark M likes this.
  6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

A playset of the Berbil village seems like it could have been cool! Also the Conquedors huge vehicle could have been interesting.

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Ah the Berbil Village now you are talking, that would have been awesome or even Mumm-Ra's Pyramid.

With the right feature though anything could be a fun playset. I would love a farm house playset for the TMNT toys. :rolleyes

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like the Sabre Tank design. Maybe, if the 2011 series wasn't cancelled, it could function as the ThunderCats' all-new ground vehicle, since the Feliner is their air vehicle. :)

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  9. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Help me if I'm wrong - but wasn't the Sabre Tank the updated version of the ThunderTank as made / fixed by the Berbils? I'm sure it was. Its so cool to finally see that toy. I know somebody on here once said it would be cool to have the Sabre Tank as an add-on / connecting toy to the existing tank. And whallah - they made it!!! Wish there were pictures of how it looked connected though.
    On the other hand - I despise that horrible looking Lion-O figure. It's really ugly and looks like a bad custom. The concept pictures are fine as drawings only, but in reality the figure looks nasty. Sorry, just my opinion. I would however have liked to see the 8" Cheetara.
    Can't wait to see today's reveal on the Berbils. I wonder if they were sold in a deluxe playset.

Nelson and Mark M like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes I would love to see the Berbils.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yup, you are correct about the Saber Tank in the toon. Unless I am misunderstanding though, the toy would not connect to the existing Thundertank would it? I took it as a separate playset/vehicle in toy form.

12. Daremonger

I think the show managed to combine both ThunderTank and Sabre Tank designs, beginning with episode 14 ("New Alliances"). They still called it the ThunderTank, though.

13. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

So surely somewhere these figures exist/have existed
    Obviously no one here has seen them but let's hope that one day they will pop up for sale like the original mad bubbler etc
    Id love to have some of these missing wave bandai thundercats

14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

everyone except Booshman. :)

15. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

17. Daremonger

I most eagerly am interested in the sypnosis Bandai got from Warner Bros. for the planned second season of ThunderCats 2011.

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Are they going to share that?

19. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I have to wonder. Did they intend to put bengali in season two? If so would he be beefy bodied like panthro and grune were?

20. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Dan Norton said there was gonna be a time skip and he would be Tygra and Cheetara's kid.