Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

6" Wilytwins, man, i feel so sad we didn´t get them, i love them! My fav characters in this toon.

adssse, Sebastiaan and shortfuse like this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

You can say that again. My heart will break even more if they had a 6" Pumyra planned! I really do hope that today's reveal will show her at least as a planned figure! Counting down the hours until the 2nd last reveal is made on AFI. Wonder what they had planned for the Berbills, plus that Panthro does look sweet!

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In way I hope they do in another I don't as its really annoying seeing all the great stuff we missed out on.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree, Pumyra would be great!

There are really so many characters that were left unmade. Pumyra, Jaga, Addicus, Kaynar, Vultaire etc. Another whole line in 4" could easily have been done.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know it's silly but I always loved the Berbils (and Ewoks, Smurfs and Gummibears) so I would love to see if Bandai had a big Berbil village playset planned with some of the other various berbils. :rolleyes::biggrin

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be awesome! Sounds like we will find out more at least.

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wouldn't it be great if Bandai found a way to release these maybe through their own web site. :D

8. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I woulda liked a pumyra figure. I don't really care which series it's from. Pumyra is the best thundercat. lol

Mark M and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I always liked Lion-O the best when I was younger. I don't know if I could pick a favourite. Panthro was pretty cool, so I will say him...or maybe Tygra.

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

I wonder... was Ma-Mutt ever planned for the reboot and would he have gotten a toy if he was?

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be outstanding, but I dont believe that is an option after losing the license.

Mark M likes this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As far as I know he was never planned for the series, but you never know. I am sure not all of the details have leaked out.

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

I know this might sound weird but I kind of wish he would have been. I now that mumm-ra is characterized a bit different but he's just BEGGING to have a dog. Even if it's gigantic and had three heads. Pffft. Maybe pumyra coulda saved it or something and it follows her back to the pyramid and mumm-ra is like "gt rid of it!" and she'd be like. "No way, look at him, darling, he's so cute!" ROFL

Mark M likes this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That doesnt sound weird to me. I am actually a fan of ma-mutt myself. I am sure they could have found a nice niche for him in the series.

Mark M likes this.
  15. mumm_ra_n_rana

They might have mad him a normal dog but then mumm-ra uses his magic on him and the dog can like change into a huge monstrosity when threatened. and then they coulda had two toys one that fit inside the other.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Never say never. I never thought NECA would get around top releasing the Shredder and Foot Ninja figures from a few years ago but now they have found away.
    With Bandai's figures being in a different scale to Mattel's Classics there is a possibility they could release them. :)

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes it would be cool for Ma-Mutt to be bigger and a lot more vicious. Maybe even like Skeletor's Panthor.

18. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

So they revealed the next day's figures at last. It was Panthro and Tygra as 6" figures. And they had that horrible expression! Just like Lion-O.
    Still no Berbil reveal as promised :(
    [​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I still think these looked really fun figures. The articulation on them is better than the MOTUC figures.

20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I wish they hadn't changed scale with the figures. I know some people want to keep all their stuff in the same scale, but the 6 inch version of Lion-O was crap. Nowhere near as solid as the 8 inch version. Weak, floppy plastic and the screws in the back were terrible. Mumm-Ra was alright, though the likeness wasn't quite there, just wish he was 10 inches so he would be in scale with 8 inch Lion-O/ Tygra.

Their Panthro is OK, but I think mine is better, haha.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]