Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Is that Addicus with the Fistpounder?! Aw man why couldn't they have given the show at least a second season?

Sebastiaan and Mark M like this.
  2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Well there we go looks like mystery solved! I think they are the exact same color as the ones I have too. don't want to pat myself on the back too much but my guess a few pages back was pretty close.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like the last installment will include the pilot episode Tygra, and non armoured Grune that we saw a while back.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Addicus looks great. Man just imagine if they had got around to making a 6" scale version of him. :D I really wish this line had succeeded. As much as I love the OS I honestly think I would have preferred the 2011 line to have continued than Mattel's Classics figures. With the Bandai figures we could have still had that wondrous magic feeling of going into the shop and seeing them on display and finding the figures we wanted for our collections. The thrill of the hunt lol.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Thanks adssse for your trouble! Good to know we have a fellow boardmember here that "knows people". :D
    What a great surprise - never expected to see Addicus as the exclusive with a vehicle. That would have been a very smart move from Bandai to have us get certain figures by including them with a vehicle only. Liky with Tygus.
    I really do hope that we at least get to see Kaynar and Pumyra and Jaga as the last of the 4" line. The Tygra and Grune variants will obviously be there too I think, and perhaps a standard version of Slithe as per that one promo pic.
    That ThunderTank looks awesome - especially since we can finally see it connected to the Sabre Tank.
    Does anybody know if Bandai can still release these? Even if they're just exclusives on their website / mail order items? Won't they get into trouble having lost the licence? I'm sure that they must have the sculpts for these figures and products. Imagine if SDCC opens and Bandai surprises us with this. I will be super thrilled and very broke!

Mark M likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, you pretty much nailed the racer idea! I also expect to see those "GameStop Exclusives"

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Agreed. I am thrilled to have the Mattel line as well, but there was something magical about taking my kids into stores and geeking out over Thundercats!

Mark M likes this.
  7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, Pumyra, Jaga and Kaynar would seem to be no brainers. Unfortunately I don't believe Bandai can release any of these at this point. If they could I doubt they would allow these leaked.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's the same feeling I get when looking for the new TMNT and Transformers figures in the shops and what used to get when searching for the MOTU 200X figures....man Mattel made it hard to collect that line.

9. balgus82

And still nothing. Seriously dude stop saying the next one will be out "tomorrow" if it's not going to be out.

ninja cat likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Here we go - the last figures:
    [​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

At last, the confirmation that this version of Tygra was going to be released. Just to clarify - he didn't change "into" this version, he changed "from" it. Unless he was going to change to it again in the second season.
    [​IMG]

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Very happy to see that Jaga finally got made! He looks rather "blue"... :D
    [​IMG]

Daremonger, Cap'n Cracka and Mark M like this.
  13. Sebastiaan

I'm thrilled that Kaynar also got made!!!
    [​IMG]

14. Sebastiaan

And lastly, the Berbils Bill and Beebo...
    [​IMG]
    Whatever happened to Belle? They would've come in a 2-pack. Sweet!

15. Sebastiaan

No mention whatsoever of Pumyra, which is rather shocking, but at least we know that we would have gotten these figures the year thereafter:

"On the list there were 2 more figures listed for the tail end of 2012 that weren’t in the materials I had: Claudus and Lizardman. They only name 3 figures for the basic 4″ line on this list, most likely they were waiting on the outline for the 3rd season and the new characters that would have been involved to fill it out, but the threethat were proposed were Vultureman, “Chase Figure” and a Classic Lion-O. The other slots are the generically named place holders “Spring 13 Character” and “Fall 13 Character.”

There were plans for 2 more 2-packs of the 2″ stylized figures. For Classics 2-packs it would have been: Jackleman & WilyKat and WilyKit & Jaga. For Modern 2″ 2-packs it would have been: Lizzardman & Panthro V2, Lion-O & Berbil, Mumm-Ra V2 & Tygra V2 and Claudus & Lion-O V3.

Also on the list were a proposed line of 3″ Die-Cast Vehicles w/ base including: the ThunderTank, ThunderClaw, HoverCat, Mutant Fist Pounder and Mutant Nose Diver.

New Roleplay items would have included Tygras whip/gun, Cheetara’s staff and a Deluxe Claw Gauntlet.

There is a placeholder for a new playset in 2013 as well as 4 new vehicles (2 basic and 2 deluxe).

The bulk of the 2013 list was made up of new releases in the 6″ ThunderCats line both modern and Classic. Had it lasted until 2013 we would have likely gotten:

MODERN: Lizardman, Tygra V2, Panthro V2, Mumm-Ra V2, Claudius and Jackalman.

CLASSICS: Jackalmen, Jaga and Snarf, Slithe, Claudius, Wilykit & WilyKat, VultureMan, Mumm-Ra Mummy and a SDCC 2013 figure."

Claudus and Lizardman were released. Not sure why they were going to be rereleased. Hyped to see the classics 6" line would have included Claudus, Snarf and the kittens. But where o where is Monkian????

Daremonger likes this.
  16. Sebastiaan

Personally I gotta thank AFI for sharing this, even though the tail end took a bit long to surface, still, I'm thrilled. What a great way to see what could have happened.

ninja cat likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wish these figures would have been made. For all the TV shows faults I think if most of these had been in the first to waves they would have sold a lot better.
    Disappointing thought that they didn't make Pumyra.

18. balgus82

Those berbil figures look really nice.

I wish we could've known who the second season characters were (and the episode synopses), but oh well.

I'm so disapointed we never got a second season. At this point I just wish Netflix would buy the rights and give the show to Joaquim Dos Santos after he's done with Voltron, even if it's another complete reboot and not a continuation.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree 100%. What do you think of the new Voltron?

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  20. balgus82

I really liked it aside from a few juvenile jokes near the beginning.

Mark M likes this.