Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have only seen the first two episodes so far but I am really looking forward to the rest.

2. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Kaynar and the Berbils look fantastic. The line would have really started to look good if it was given the time to at least do the second season as planned.

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think the really inconsistent first dozen episodes didn't do the series any favours.

4. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

So the gamestop picture was kinda correct - showed the Tygra figure (Great to see the close shots of that). The article mentions Claudus which sounds like it was going to ship in the assortment along with Lion-O V2. Panthro V2. Mumm-Ra and the Bandai B-Sheet shows Wilykat (Makes sense, considering he was the only T-Cat that didn't ship with Wave 2). They say Lizardman - but that very well could be the Slithe that was in the picture. The only one now with no explanation for is the Grune figure. Wonder if the guy who did the article is aware of the GameStop photo and could get clarification on it?

5. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

There are many fingers to point as far as problems with the first season. I just meant as far as the toy line. I think these figures would have increased toy sales. Maybe it is just personal opinion because i am a fan of them.

Mark M likes this.
  6. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

True, it all looks good. But I do wonder how it would of went over. From my understanding the Wave 2 Figures clogged the shelves - apart from Claudus due to his pack out ratio. I can't comment on that myself because Wave 2 didn't hit regular retail in my neck of the woods (not a wal-mart in a 50 mile radius carried the line at all - which was the only store I was aware of that ever got Wave 2). And then stores were already sitting on Tygra, Lion-O, and Mummy Mumm-Ra from Wave 1. How would of these new ones gone over or been able to get? Considering they were set to be shipping figures in new cases that were already collecting dust on the shelf. I think Bandai really flubbed it out the gate and it would of been real hard for them to come back from.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I never even seen wave 2 at retail in UK as the first wave were peg warming. I actually seen some wave 2 figures at a clearance store along with cases of wave 1. A full case of 12 wave one basic figures could be bought for £12.

jabus likes this.
  8. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Would stores would of wanted to take a chance on that new ThunderTank or another playset? Look how well the first ones did - and how hard it was to find the Storm Charger when it came out and for a bit afterwards. I don't think any of us wound up paying more than $10 a piece for a tank or the tower.

Mark M likes this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was told that the Slithe and Grune in the GameStop photo would have been part of the fall 2012 lineup.

Sebastiaan and jabus like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

said it before and I will say it again. The Tower of Omens is one of the worst playsets ever created. I remember it being on sale here for £8 and it still wasn't selling. Bandai should have got rid of the pointless magnetic gimmick.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, these new figures would have been great. It sounds like we would have had all the mutants as well as Jaga. I am still perplexed as why they would not have produced Pumyra. Perhaps just a gender stereotype that she would not sell as well? She became an essential character in the show. I wonder if they were considering making her insectanoid version instead. We also know Lynx-O would have featured more in the next season. Perhaps we would have seen him had the line continued.

12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

AFI has been so kind to us for sharing info on Bandai's ThunderCats license.

13. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I asked my mother to pick me up a Tank on clearance since I live and work abroad. Imagine my dissapointment when I visited to find she had gotten me a Tower of Omens instead.

jabus likes this.
  14. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

What a kick to the...well u get the idea. I got both versions of the Tower for half the price of one at retail - I wouldn't of paid a penny more for em.

15. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I don't think UK/Europe got their own distribution of wave 2 for the most part at all. I was told the 6" Classics showed up @ Tesco. The Armor of Omens (one on ebay with the spelling as "Armour"). And the deluxe figures from wave 2 showed up in bulk at the Entertainer cos they got a deal on left over U.S. Stock - hence the stickers slapped on the back of em. And I don't think Europe got the Tower at all (well they weren't missing much).

Mark M likes this.
  16. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I was back in England in time to clear out a couple of Entertainers stock of Slithe. £3 a pop instead of scalper eBay prices, happy times.

jabus likes this.
  17. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Hehe right on. I scored my wave 2 Lion-O, Slithe, and Panthro deluxe from a buddy in the uk thanks to the Entertainers buy out of slept on stock.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is correct about the 6" Classics. The only place I ever seen them was in Tesco.

19. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

In South Africa we only had the wave 1 figures of the 6" range and the 8" classics figures. Nothing from wave 2. Everything had to be imported.

20. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

In my area, there were a total of 12 stores that I checked routinely just for Thundercats. ( 5 Walmarts, 2 K-marts, 3 Targets, 2 Toys R Us) Stores varied distance wise from 5 to 60 miles from my home which is 20 miles from the center of a major city.(20 minutes from center city Philly) All of these stores carried wave 1, but only 1 of these stores had wave 2 figures. At the store wave 2 figures were available, they only had 2 of each. I actually happened to get there the night they put them on shelf. Benefits of over night shopping. Not one of the stores carried the full assortment of products from wave 1 but all carried different products,figures and vehicles. Mostly all carried the Thundertank and the Towers of Omens. Only 1 store carried Mumm-ra's Storm Charger and that only carried 2 of them. Only 1 of the stores carried the Tiger Flyer and they also only carried 2. That was a different store and store-chain than the store the wave 2 figures were available able. Keeping in mind variables such as items being purchased before me getting a chance to even get to the store, distribution STILL sucked and made little to no sense. (After writing this I realized how much it seemed like a Thundercats themed math problem.)

jabus and Wilycub like this.