Bandai Thundercats - The Lost Wave

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ninja cat, May 27, 2016.

1. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Do you guys think the bad distribution of toys to stores were the reason to kill the line or was it the cancellation of the show? Sorry if this has been asked before.

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I believe it was stated by Bandai employees that the line was only discontinued after they got word that the show was not being brought back. Bandai was pretty much all in on a new wave.

TMNachoT likes this.
  3. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

CHEERS!!!

4. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

Hi all,
    I would have loved it if this line continued. Personally I liked the 4 inch scale but I also picked up the classics and 6 inch scale figures. Seeing what could have been makes me sad these were never produced.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I absolutely agree! I enjoy and collect the different scales for different reasons. I know many had their qualms about the line but I was quite happy with 90% of it and would have at least liked to have seen the other main figures produced.

Nitewing73 likes this.
  6. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

I was a kid when the original toyline came out. Although at one point I owned a vintage Lion-O, that I found at a thrift store, I never tried collecting the original line because it would have been hard to get the entire line with figures like Bengali being hard to get. With the bandai line and the potential of the classics line they were producing I was hyped about possibly getting better looking Thundercats figures and a more comprehensive toyline but alas it wasn't meant to be.

adssse likes this.