Bandai Toy Commercials?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by T-Cat, Sep 4, 2011.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Now that series is a hit as well as the toys, when do you think Bandai will advertise new ThunderCats toy commercials?

2. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'm guessing during the repeat showing of the first 8 episodes :)

3. Booyah!

Booyah! Moleman

I thought every Friday between 8:30 and 9:00pm est was a thirty minute ad for the toys....;):p

4. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

I'm not sure if it's still in effect but in the US there was a Television regulation that prohibited toy companies from advertising toys related to a Cartoon or show during its airing time. Anytime else was fine.

5. Knightmare

Knightmare Junior Member

Beat me to it.

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Really? :D That's very silly. I don't see what difference it really makes to the viewer? Interesting...

7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

You may be right! Due to the fact ThunderCats come on once a week, I would expect Bandai to hype up their new brand a little bit more for the new generation.

8. Cougar

Cougar Crabman

It is. It all started back in the early 80's when parent groups started complaining about The motu toys being advertised during the cartoon. In fact there were many groups that wanted motu off the air completely. I'll try to google more info on it.

9. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

We'll get them eventually. The best time for them would be nearing the holiday season.

*rolls eyes* I love the stupidity of the FCC and friends.