Bandai Toy Line: Which items are the most valuable?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by AlexofThundera, May 20, 2018.

1. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

So I've been out of the Thundercats collecting world for some time now and need some advise. I've got a huge lot of the Bandai Thundercats line sitting in a closet which I don't really have any attachment to and I've been thinking about selling it off and finally finishing up my LJN collection. I have everything that was released (some I even have doubles or triples of). My question is this: if you had a large Bandai lot you were looking to sell, which items would you sell individually as opposed to in a large lot, knowing they would command good money on their own?

I guess what I am asking is which are the rarest and most valuable items from the Bandai lot?

Thanks in advance!

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Probably Slythe, the Tiger Flyer, 6 inch Tygra and Mumm-Ra's vehicle (I forget the name)

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Without going into specific variants, I would agree with this list apart from perhaps the Storm Charger which I dont believe was that rare.

jabus likes this.
  4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Maybe not in the US, but I know in the UK it was less available than the tank. Similar situation for Tygra really, less available in the US, but not too hard to get in the UK.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

6. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

If you have the deluxe Sword of Omens, the one with the telescoping blade, pop out hilt, light, and sound features, I have seen them go for a hundred dollars if still sealed on mint card. Slythe is definitely a hard one to find as well as wave 1 Claud-Us, and non Robear Berbil enhanced Panthro (Got both his real arms). Then again, sometimes it depended upon where you lived too. You might have a glut of one set of characters in one state, and a famine of others in another. I do know that unless something has drastically changed, the Tower of Omens playset is not worth much, even with the exclusive Tygra figure.

7. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Could you confirm if you are talking about the 6" version, or the smaller 4" version of Panthro with his original arms (I have both)?

On a side note, I've got way more of this stuff than I originally thought (I have 4 Tiger Flyers MIB for example). When the toy line was placed on clearance, my job at the time was right by a Toys R Us, so needless to say I cleaned them out. I also had a Ross nearby where stuff showed up later on.

I'll let you guys know whats for sale in the Marketplace once I go through everything, and thank you for your replies.

adssse likes this.
  8. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

I was referencing the four inch Panthro with organic arms, he only had those in the first few episodes, I apologize, I should have been more clear. The wave one set of ThunderCats characters in the six inch format are fairly prevalent, but wave two with Cheetara and Tygra, with Tygra being the rarest, are the most valuable as I have seen. It's just a shame that the cartoon died an unfair death, and the toyline went with it as there were some pretty nice figures in those assortments. The toys had issues with the plastics, with some figures warping and not being able to stand on their own, six inch Mumm-Ra was really bad, but it seemed just as Bandai got the message about the quality of their product, nothing could save the line.

Boy, I am envious about the Tiger Flyer buy you made. I had to get mine off of a popular auction website, and it came from England.

adssse likes this.