Best Comic Book to Movie Adaptation

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I'd have to say my favorite comic book to movie adaptation would be Batman Begins. It had a very good balance of action, drama, and story. It was a dark portrayal...but not as dark as Tim Burton's films. It doesn't hurt to have Christian Bale, Katie Holmes, Michael Caine, Llam Neeson, and Morgan Freeman as your cast. :D

My second pick would go to Spider-Man and third would be X-Men 2.

Wha's your favorites?

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Mine are very similar to yours - I'd probably put the two Spidey movies at the top (I'd find it hard to choose between the two) and then Batman Begins, which is easily the best non-animated Batman movie I've ever seen, not just for the great cast but also for the outstanding character development given to Bruce Wayne! :)

If animated movies would also qualify, I'd also give a massive shout-out to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which is a truly *gorgeous* piece of work, a beautiful story with great character development. :)

Take care... :)

3. salvatore

salvatore Junior Member

Well, i've never been a big X-Men fan myself, but i have to say that one and two were probably the best comic to movie adaptions i have seen.....so far. Oh, and i have to give nods to TMNT as well. The first one will always be a classic in my book.

Sal

4. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

The original TMNT and Batman Begins are my picks here. Spidey was close, but changing the design of GG takes something away. :)

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Yeah I really would have loved the GG if they had given him a different design. He looks so un-goblin like. ;)

6. LupaLuna

LupaLuna Junior Member

I think Dare Devil, X-Men and Batman (both Burton's and Batman Begins) are really good :)

7. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

I think Spiderman takes the cake

8. wanger

wanger Junior Member

spiderman
    both burtons batman
    not a fan of begins much did enjoy but I prefer burtons

the new superman looks quite good though

oh yeah not sure if they are the best but masters of the universe and flash gordan are among my favourites

9. LupaLuna

LupaLuna Junior Member

MOTU and Flash Gordon ROCKED!!! (plus ya gotta love the Queen soundtrack for Flash!!! ;))