Big Cheetara?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Rath Montchar, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Rath Montchar

Rath Montchar Moleman

Cheetara has been popular lately in the fan-art forums...

About two weeks ago, I read a couple of issues of Action Comics which guest-starred Mister Miracle and his wife, Big Barda. I did a little researching and I've seen her vital stats as being seven feet tall(no weight mention though) and she possesses incredible strength. In fact, I came across a funny picture of her carrying a statue of a cannon and men gawking at her.

How big and strong would you say Cheetara is? Right now, I'm 33 and I was 12 when the Thundercats first came out. Being aliens on Third Earth, I figured the Thundercats would all be gigantic. And, for some reason, I thought of Cheetara being...well...6'6".

I kid you not. Remember, I was 12.

My question to you is: how tall would you think Cheetara is? And what about her strength level? I figure she'd be enormously strong. Spider-Man can lift about ten tons. Tigra(the female Avenger) can lift ten tons. So I figure Cheetara, being a humanoid cheetah, would be able to lift tons as well.

Let's hear from you.:cheetaraveryhappy:

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

IMO the ThunderCats are all super agile, reasonably strong humanoids, probably comparable to the peaks able to be reached by humans in terms of strength levels. I don't see Cheetara as being in the same strength league as, say, Wonder Woman, or Lion-O as Superman. However, on a comparison basis with other Third Earth characters, I would expect Cheetara to be physically stronger than, for example, the Warrior Maidens. I honestly wouldn't like to commit on an estimate for how much she could actually lift, but I would take a wild guess at something like 6 tons. :)

As for height - an official fact file for Lion-O, published by Rainbow Toys in the UK and released as part of the UK ThunderCats fan club, gave Lion-O's height as being 6'1". With this as a starting guide, I guess you could reasonably work out the height of the other ThunderCats too! :)

Take care... :)

3. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Berbill

Interesting topic. Myself, I’ve always thought of Cheetara as being in her late-twenties to early thirties… not a bad thing, as she certainly doesn’t reflect it.

Physically, I can see her just shy of the 6-foot mark… say, 5’10” – 5’11”. Her lean build would aid in making her look a bit taller, not to mention her particular hairstyle.

As far as strength, that’s subjective. Cheetara is as a sprinter/marathon runner. Incredible stamina, lots and lots of toned lean muscle… physically built for speed and distance. As far as bulk strength, well… I’m going to use a bench press as a rough measurement. Given her abilities and physical condition, say 250-300 lbs.
    Certainly nothing to be looked down upon, but definitely nowhere near the 10 tons.
    Even for someone like Panthro, I would guess his mark would safely be somewhere between 800-1200 lbs.

No matter, Cheetara is a Thundercat who can certainly hold her own with the best of them.