Bionic Six

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by TCatsfan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Who remembers the cartoon Bionic Six? It was next to Thundercats one of my favorite cartoons. I really wouldn't mind if they reboot the cartoon but that will most likely never happen.

I own all of figures but unfortunately are missing the vehicles. I only have the quad bike and the bionic flying chair.

It will really make my day if a toy company would make new toys of this line but it is highly unlikely. I think there are a lot of secondary characters that would look amazing. A more cartoon accurate line would be amazing. It has also been a bit strange that they never made Professor Sharpe.

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have seen the figures and they look really nice. Never really seen the cartoon though, except the intro. Ljn did some great toys. I am amazed they didn't go the smaller more articulated route with Thundercats like they did with Bionic Six and Dungeons & Dragons.

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  3. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

When you get the chance Mark you should check out the cartoon. The figures were nice. I had everyone as a kid but as I got older I gave it away. Got them all back on ebay carded. The only problem I had with the toys were that the paint (probably as with every toy) came off easily if scratched. It was made of die cast and that is part of what made it amazing.

I would love a more cartoon accurate figures as the figures looked nothing like. Also the weapons they packed with the figures made no sense. For example Madame-O in the cartoon had a harp and the figure didn't have that.

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've seen only the first two episodes online of Bionic Six, though I find its theme song pretty catchy.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah die-cast metal parts always scrapped easily. Especially on Transformers and other robots. I recall Defenders of the Earth toys also had die-cast forearms.
    I can think of a few 80's cartoons I would love to see more cartoon accurate toys made of, especially Bravestarr.

6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Oh boy I loved Bionic-Six. I also had most of the figures and loved them to bits. But I also recall losing them or giving some away. Wish I could collect them all again. Does anybody know if the show is out on dvd perhaps? I've only ever seen a pirate copy up for sale on ebay. Would love to catch up on that too. Meg was my favourite. I also wondered why they never made Prof. Sharp. It was ironic as he was one of the big leads - just the same way I got annoyed Bandai never made a Jaga figure.... or the other mutants - but they made that silly flying machine with what's his name (must say it was still a cool character to get in action figure form!)

7. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

No Sebastiaan. There is no official release of B6 which is a shame. I will def buy one. My favorite character was Eric/Sport-1. Just loved the character.

Mark I never was a transformers fan. Watched a couple of Joes but it wasn't my cup of tea either. My top list was TC, B6 and MOTU. There was a couple more but these were my ultimate favorite. Oh boy how I wish I could just be a kid for a month again but then it should be in that era as well.

Gerrit and Mark M like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I loved lots of cartoons but action toy wise I loved Thundercats, Bravestarr, MOTU Ghostbusters, TMNT and DOTE. Sebastiaan mentioned the Bionic 6 playset in a message so I looked it up and it looked pretty but I was really impressed with the Van. That would have been an awesome toy. I suppose I am biased saying that as I drive a camper van LOL. ;)
    Time travel back to 1985 with a couple thousand ££££ spending money and bring it back to the present LOL. I remember reading on a site once that in the mid 80's you could practically walk into a toy shop blind folded and you would be guaranteed to come out with something awesome and the more I think of it, it is a very true statement. D&D, Star Wars, Thundercats, Bravestarr, TMNT, M.A.S.K., Bionic Six, Dino-Riders, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, MOTU, Voltron, DOTE, A-Team, Marvel Secret Wars, DC Super Powers, Robotech, ROBOTIX, Inhumanoids, Visionaries etc.

Lord LionO and Sebastiaan like this.
  9. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Yeah I agree give me some money to go and buy en get back. I do remember when I was kid in the 80's (yeah I am an old man lol), walking into a store and see a lot of figures. I remember there was one store that had just an isle for Thundercats. You could just pick and choose. I also remember he-man was a big deal. There is a store called Pick 'n Pay in South Africa and I remember this as if it was yesterday. It was packed with Bionic Six. Figures and vehicles.

The van was called M.U.L.E if I remember correctly. I could be wrong. I am really tired after a hell of a work day so my memory is a bit lost and too lazy to look it up now. The van was an amazing piece to have. I never did though. It shows up once in a while on ebay but expensive. I once saw a bargain and I waited for the bid to end to place a bid and seconds after I did someone bid and I couldn't do a bid again because time ran out. It boggles my mind that like I mentioned before never released Professor Sharpe as a figure or the plane they used to fly. There is also an awesome playset secret laboratory. It is one of those hard pieces to find but it also comes up on ebay but it is really really expensive.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Most playsets prices from all those toy lines have gone up. In the late 90's some of them were still pretty cheap. Can't say I ever had any of the base playsets from any toyline except Starcom.

11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Signing up for time travel too!! Will go make a loan and buy everything. Hopefully there won't be a baggage limit.... :D

12. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Bionic Six was awesome indeed, I also had the toys and the bike Meg drove ... was the coolest toy to me at that stage! It is a pity that you can't get it on DVD, I also looked around for it ... I downloaded the episodes once, they aren't the best quality, but you can watch them at least.

Link to cool article:

http://figurefanzero.com/tag/bionic-six

TCatsfan likes this.
  13. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Nice article. I almost got my hands once on the dirt bike still in package on bid or buy. Wanted to go back and buy it but got the dates messed up and didn't put it in my watchlist and missed the deadline or it was sold. To bad for me.

I watched it on Youtube but the quality isn't good. I really wish they would bring this out on dvd already.

14. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

You made me go back and scan the net for B6 stuff, and I must say I can't believe there is no proper fan site at least! Maybe we should start one ? Hehe ..

15. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

That is a great idea.

16. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I am busy studying web development, lets chat in about 2 months, I might have a plan!

17. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Great Gerrit. I also have some web development skills (i think) lol. Have created a few myself. It would be a great project to work with you.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Good luck in getting a website sorted out guys. :)

19. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I also know a place where we can host, so I will start looking at prices etc. .... our main problem will be to get info and some nice pictures and catalogs etc ...

Mark M likes this.
  20. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I have seen a hosting company (can't remember the name now. have to google hosting again) They have free hosting of 600mb. You only pay for the domain R75 I think it was. But the space is a bit small. I usually use host4africa but they are a bit pricy compared to others.