Booshman's Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Booshman, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I got it for a very good deal!

Here's a sword I got a while back, finally have it in hand. I fixed the none operational light and gave it some new paint. I then sanded out a bunch of the scratches and gave it a semi-gloss clear coat. It still looks used, but much less battered.

[​IMG]

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Great job. Oddly enough I was looking at this toy yesterday and talking about how I used to have it and remembering when they were being sold off extremely cheap in Woolworths in the early 90's.

Booshman and Wilycub like this.
  3. Booshman

Got some more bits today. 2 of the hard hero statues. Lion-O has a few paint imperfections but is generally nice and will display well. He has no info on the base, so this one probably never made it out of the factory. Cheetara is more interesting. She has her hand on upside down and the base is the wrong colour, she didn't come with a staff. She has some scrapes and imperfections, thankfully none on the face. My plan was to repaint and get her looking top notch, but after seeing it in person and looking at the base I think I'm going to leave her as is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That's a pretty amazing Sword of Omens toy despite being used. ☺️

5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Wow! Love it! Please leave it as is, she looks amazing! Fantastic pre-production piece!! Would love to have that one :thumbsup

Booshman likes this.
  6. Booshman

Added a couple of new items to the collection. Found another Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra, which is on the way to me, and I also got this.

[​IMG]

It's the EX version that lights up. I got it really cheaply considering what I've seen it go for. The only issue is, as you can see, he has no head. Looks like I have another project to do.

7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I have the regular and it looks just like that one, plus a head :) I thought the EX has the sword... Did he come with the sword of Plun-Darr? That is supposed to light up as well as the head and chest-symbol, right?

Daremonger likes this.
  8. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Mumm-Ra having no head certainly cracks me up! :laugh

9. Booshman

Yeah I got the sword too. It actually snapped in the post, so the seller sent me another and I got money back from the shipping company for their error. Its a very clean break so it will go back together fine, but since the seller had a spare it's nice to have a complete one too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Daremonger likes this.