Booshman's custom action figures.

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Booshman, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Here's all of the custom figures I've made, in their production order. Some have been seen before other places online, the last couple were only recently finished.

Tygra (modern) Pilot Episode Costume 3.75 inch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LJN style reptilain soldier.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thundercats Classics Begali.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LJN style Inflamer.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thundercats Classics Panthro.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thundercats Classics Captain Shiner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Repainted Sword of Omens

[​IMG]

Mark M, Nelson and Daremonger like this.
  2. culvuk6

culvuk6 Junior Member

Some great work there. Very impressed.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You're a brilliant artist!

4. Booshman

Thanks, glad you like them. It's a real shame the classics line was ended with so few figures released. I hope to continue my line of customs and complete the main thundercats as well as a few more villains.

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

awesome pieces!!! You have any plans for future customs ?

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Booshman

I'm currently doing a mod of the Lion-O classics figure (8"). A bit of a re-sculpt to the face and hair. Repainted head and painting the ankle joints so they match the boots. I night put some magnets in the thigh too, like I did with the Bengali figure, so the claw can attach to the leg without the plastic tab.

Other than the main and new Thundercats, I want to do a Grune, and Mumm-Ra as King Arthur. I've been meaning to do Silky from "Garden of Delights" but haven't gotten to it yet.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I like them all, but that Classics Captain Shiner is FANTASTIC! I would buy that in a heartbeat, very well done! I love this about the fandom; not getting what we won't thrue official releases? Screw it, I'll do it myself! Hats off to you, Sir! :D

Daremonger likes this.
  8. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

These are truly amazing. I just love...love that Bengali. You should really sell it.

Love the Panthro.

Wish I could do stuff like this.

Daremonger likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Your Captain Shiner is absolutely brilliant. I also really like your Tygra, I wish the new series had kept him like this instead of the Halo armour.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

The fandom will surely live on.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As others have said, these are amazing! My favorites are your Shiner and Bengali! Also digging the Tygra.

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Booshman

Cheers, yeah it's the sad fact that unlike stuff like MOTU, TMNT and Transformers, Thundercats gear is is in short supply. I wish there was a more extensive official line.

As they're so time consuming to do, and all stuff that I want in my collection I wouldn't sell them. And I don't like the idea of making the same figure twice.

Agreed. Even though it got less screen time it's a much more appealing look for him.

:)

I'm really happy with Shiner. He was one of my favourite vintage figures but I never liked the bumpy skin texture they gave him, I also wanted a screen accurate gun. The Tygra figure used as a base had to be heavily modified, but I eventually got him to be able to stand feet together and put his arms behind his back, which were 2 of my main goals. I'm glad I could get the monocle to work too, it slides into a little groove next to the eye and stays in place quite firmly.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Daremonger likes this.
  13. Daremonger

Continue to make custom "ThunderCats" figures.

14. Booshman

I've done a quick Photoshop to see how the Tygra Classics figure would look with accurate colours to the cartoon, and some changes to the paint applications without having to do any re-sculpting. I think it looks a lot better and I'm going to have to do it for real when I get a chance.

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Daremonger

Bravo, dude!

16. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

They are all amazing but the Shiner is truly remarkable! What type of clay are you using? Also thanks so much for the various WIP pics, makes it much more enjoyable to see how much thought and detail went into each one!

Daremonger likes this.
  17. Booshman

Thanks

I agree it's much easier to see what was changed with the WIP pics, gives a good idea of the method too when you see it chronologically. The clay I use is Aves Apoxie Sculpt. It takes detail really well and is very strong once it hardens, plus it's air drying so there's no baking needed like with Sculpey. I bought the same size pots of part A and B as seen in the attached picture and it has been enough to do all of these figures and I have some left over.

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  18. catgurl

catgurl Moleman

Your customs are simply incredible! I hope to see a lot more. Keep up the grey job, Booshman!:)

Daremonger likes this.
  19. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I have only three words to say: OMG!!!!! :eek:

These pieces are just superb! I remember the Enflamer and the Reptilian form the Thundercats.ws forum. They are all so good but the "Classic" Panthro, Bengali and Shiner are simply out of this world! Especially Shiner. I don't think that even Bandai could do a better job! Kudos! :thumbsup:

It is really sad that Bandai never produced more figures in the "Classic" line. That was the most promising line and had so much potential.

Daremonger likes this.
  20. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

Thanks a bunch for the reply Booshman. I'll have to buy some of that, it sounds like milliput which I used to you and really liked. Lately I've been using sculpey and using a lighter to bake it since I sculpt on figures like you do. It isn't an ideal method lol.

Have you ever considered sculpting in wax?

Daremonger likes this.