Booshman's custom action figures.

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Booshman, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Thanks a lot!

Here's Jaga:

The cape is removable and slides in either side of a tube made from part of a pen. The Thundercats logo is attached to a dowel and slides into the tube, held in place with a magnet. This keeps the logo in place, as well as locking in the cape. Both of the heads have a small dowel attached to them too and slide in place through a hole in the neck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Jaga looks great! I really enjoy the ingenuity of your engineering using pen parts and dowels. I also like that you made the alternative head sans helmet.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Well done with Jaga. ;)

4. Booshman

Thanks. IT only really came together at the end. It's difficut to plan far ahead and you just have to problem solve as you go. I'm glad I came up with something solid that's going to stay together.

:)

Here's Silky from "The Garden of Delights" and Tygra with his "tripping on fruit" accessories.

The fruit attaches to Silky with a magnet and can be moved posed on mutiple leaves. The leaves around Tygras neck are attchaed to thin wire and clip into place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Not only is this nicely done (goes without saying at this point), but is also hilarious (in a good way) to me. The facial expression is priceless!

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Booshman

Cheers. I wanted to make him look like he's having a good time without changing the sculpt. The eyes and mouth are just drawn on card and blue tacked into place.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Poor Tygra. LOL.

8. AutobotC5

AutobotC5 Junior Member

Fine, fine work! Jaga looks fantastic, as well as Lion-o. Anxious to see your finished Grune. :)

Clever using Rei's head for Silkie. ;) Addicted Tygra is an uncommon but neat take on him. Great set!

Daremonger likes this.
  9. Booshman

Here's Grune:

The shoulder pads slot into the shoulder joints, which allows the shoulder to move underneath them, and still has decent poseability. The club is made from apoxie and styrene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

Grune the Destroyer looks outstanding.

11. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

You my friend are amazing... you catch the figures spot on.wish I had the time to do some these.who you got planned next cant wait to see them

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Those figures look fantastic.

13. Booshman

:)

Cheers. I want to finish the line-up of all the Thundercats eventually. I need to find suitable base figures for the kittens. Probably gonna be Lynxo next. It's taken me about a month just to get all of these painted, so I'm gonna have a break for a bit now I've gotten the last of this batch done.

:thumbsup:

OK, here's the last of them for now...

Cheetara:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a pic to show the scale compared to the regular classics figures.
    [​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Cheetara looks great! What did you use as the base? It seems like she would be quite a challenge.

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Booshman

She really was. Deciding on the base figure was a pain, as there was nothing I could find to properly match the scale of the other classics. I ended up using a Marvel Legends red She-Hulk for the body, and a Sin City Nancy figure for the head and hands.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Daremonger likes this.
  16. Daremonger

I like your Cheetara figure a lot. :)

17. Glasslite4ever!

Glasslite4ever! Berbill

Amazing custom, Booshman ! :D

Congratulations !!!! :thumbsup:

Daremonger likes this.
  18. HachimanFR

HachimanFR Junior Member

You're custom is really cool. Do you know, there is a prototype of Tygra with this "alternative costume". You can see him in a french bandai catalog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Merged Post:
    Your customs are awesome !!!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Daremonger likes this.
  19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I have never seen the french bandai catalog before. That Tygra in the alternative outfit is very cool. As a huge fan of the Bandai line (as well as the LJN) it would be a dream to get my hands on a prototype of that figure! Are you aware of any other pictures of it?

Edit:
    I knew I remembered seeing that Tygra somewhere. It was used in a Gamestop offer a while back. Obviously they never had that figure in stock but the Tygra, Grune and Slithe were what I can only assume were from an upcoming release or scrapped design.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Daremonger likes this.
  20. Booshman

Thanks, glad you like them! I hadn't seen the French calalogue, but I did the custom after seeing that figure.

That's where I originally saw the alternate costume figure.

Daremonger likes this.