bootleg alert

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by Andrew, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

2. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

Wow, that thing is hideous... beyond belief! :thumbsdown:

3. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

lol, I think that auction has popped a couple of times already!

However thanks for heads up Andrew, I'm not into production/prototype pieces myself, but hopefully it will stop anyone think of bidding on it unaware it isn't legit.

4. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

yeah thats one of the ones I was talking about in my bootleg writeup There is also a mummra that has playful stamp on the bottom (see bootlegs). I didnt have a pic yet so thats good now I have one, but then again I was just going to buy it from andrews site over the next week or too

5. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

it looks like 1 of those plastic animals you can get @ the zoo in a gumball machine. you know, the 1s that make the figure for you rt on the spot?

6. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

hmm ive never seen those. I would have loved that as a kid to watch my toy being made

7. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

hey, ive got one, exactly the same bootleg taken directly from the playful monkian mould, should never, ever be passed off as a prototype!!

Attached Files:

8. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

sadly it shouldnt but there are a lot of either unknowledgeable or just plain ignorant sellers out there. I do understand why they would think that it is a proto if they have no thundercats or toy knowledge. It looks like it could be a standard test shot, which are often done in non production colors. Its just best to be informed as a buyer (and check out all of the sections on our site as we are here to help, Well just wanted to toot our own horn there8))

9. Jaga

Jaga Moleman

If you ever find a "prototype" that is only $9.99 odds are it is not a prototype......

10. Kriz

Kriz Junior Member

11. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

12. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

J. Gallo is a very respectable collector and seller, widely known in the toys community. I would not have abny doubts of what he sells and rest assured that what he sells is authentic. He has a vast knowledge on what he sells and definitiely knows his stuff. I have met James personally and I actually intended to purchase the Astral Moat Monster clay sculpt he had a while back.

13. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

Guess I should have mentioned the part about him being respectable and all that stuff. oh well things happen, thanks manny for clearing up my reply

14. pain

pain Junior Member

So, I am guessing that this bootleg isn't even worth 9 bucks plus the shipping from Argentina.

As for James, he is great on both sides of a deal. I sold him a bunch of MOTU stuff, and it was quite expensive, but he paid immediately. The dude is a great buyer and seller.