"Build A Figure" Thundertank Poll

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Black Panthro, Mar 26, 2016.

?

What option would you being willing to pay for to have a Classics Thundertank?

1. Build A Figure "BAF". Buy it in pieces to keep costs down.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. One lump sum. It is a vehicle and playset in one and we did get Castle Grayskull after all.

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  3. Smaller scale to keep proportions right which means new smaller figures.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other. (Do you have another idea?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Black Panthro

Black Panthro New Member

After re-watching the series I was reminded how HUGE the Thundertank was! If they make it to scale, the cockpit alone would be big enough to fit two 6 inch figures not to mention room in the back for the rest of the Thundercats. To do it right, this would be the biggest vehicle Mattel would ever produce and they have made some big vehicles. One idea is to sell it in parts like a build a figure action figure. If it means not sacrificing size and quality, I would be OK with that. What do you guys think?

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would want it in scale with two seats in the front with enough room for a couple in the back also. So I think it would be best to be a solid constructed piece for stability and playability sake. A piece that size clipped together from multiple pieces I do not think would hold up well for play etc. Just sitting as a display piece.
    I am all for the build a figure method for actual figures though.

3. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Maybe the sdcc exclusive for 2016 or 2017???

4. Black Panthro

Black Panthro New Member

Great replies and thanks for voting. The more I thought about it the more the BAF Thundertank reminded me of a large Snap Kit model but with better plastic quality. Either way I can't wait to have a high quality, in scale Thundertank. I don't know about being a Comic Con Exclusive since those are tough to get but some sort of Thundertank subscription or pre-order. Again we got Castle Grayskull and that was huge Snake Mountain is on the way and that is bigger so there is hope. I just want the Thundertank done right. This may be the only chance we have of seeing a Thundertank done on this scale.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I remember they tried to do an in scale Ecto-1 for the Ghostbusters figures which would be around the same size or a bit smaller than the Thundertank. But not enough people subscribed. After the way they handled the Ghostbusters movie figures line it wasn't surprising.
    Hopefully they can get the Thundertank out soon and not leave it too late in the line like they did with the Ecto-1.

6. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

They wouldn't do anything that expensive for SDCC. The Talon Fighter was $125 and about $150 after shipping and taxes. so I would imagine the Thundertank to be more then that.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yep and the Talon fighter came with Point Dread and a (awful) Teela figure. Realistically if it was in scale I think the price would be around $150-200.

8. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

I would rather spend the money on a full cats liar before I purchased a thundertank.
    But when the time came I would want a full scale tank aswell.

:tygra: