Campaign for WB to reconsider ThunderCats Classic by Super7!

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by The All American, Jun 10, 2017.

1. The All American

The All American Junior Member

I think we best not go quiet on ThunderCats Classic dying! It is a longshot, but maybe if we can get the message out to someone at WB that we want the ThunderCats Classic line designed by Four Horsemen Studios to continue, perhaps they'll reconsider. Additionally, we want Warner Brothers to continue to license out classic ThunderCats stuff beyond just the toyline, so hopefully they know the demand is still here!

Twitter Campaign
    Follow this new page @thundercats2018 at https://twitter.com/thundercats2018 on Twitter and retweet the message you see on the page. Then create your own (kindly worded) tweets using the hashtag #WeWantThunderCatsClassic and to Warner Brothers @WBHomeEnt at https://twitter.com/WBHomeEnt

WB Customer Service
    Send a kindly worded message to WB asking them to license the toyline to Super7 so we can continue to buy ThunderCats Classics figures. https://www.warnerbros.com/customer-service

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post!

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The best option would be to contact superior toy companies like Hasbro, NECA, Playmates, Diamond Select Toys, DC Collectibles, Mezco, Bandai and Character Options and see if they have any interest in getting the licence.

3. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Based on the way the announcement was handled I'd rather spend my money elsewhere now.

4. The All American

I don't think those other companies would use Four Horsemen Studios to design in the same style, which would defeat the purpose of continuing this line. What made the line great in my opinion was the Four Horsemen style, which was also compatible with MOTUC.

I think they were tying to put a comedy spin on bad news. It wouldn't have been my choice, but all those videos are like that. Brian Flynn could have chose not to have announced it at all or delayed to say, so I'm appreciative he at least let us know now.

I hope WB reconsiders!

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I just followed you on Twitter. I'll help out in any way I can to keep ThunderCats Classic from fading from history.

The All American likes this.
  6. The All American

Thank you! I hope we can get their attention!

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Serval

Serval Crabman

Wasn't Mezco planning on making normal scale TC figures (especially since there are no competitors for that scale now?)?

8. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Doing my part. I also recommend you let your voice be heard to Mattel again about starting something they clearly had no intention of finishing. I personally will not spend money on Mattel items as a result of this because they essentially ripped us off.

Sebastiaan and The All American like this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I will have to disagree with you on that. I'm not a fan of the Four Horsemen's MOTUC figures and the MOTUC buck body did not work very well for Thundercats. Hence why I have no interest in the line continuing. I would prefer a proper toy company to make cartoon accurate unique sculpted figures. And most importantly be able to buy them without all the messing about of pre-order subscription schemes and terrible online shops like Matty Collector.

10. The All American

Thanks to all of those that have followed, retweeted, and tweeted themselves!

Please go to WB's customer service site here too if you haven't already: https://www.warnerbros.com/customer-service It's super easy and quick. I'd suggest selecting "Legal" as the topic since it has to do with rights, though I think the "Other" option is another option too.

Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Did my part by sending a message to WB to reconsider. I know some fans didn't like the Motuc buck on TC but judging by the outcry of disappointed fans both here and on He-man.org, as well as some toy sites, it is clear there is a demand for this style of figures. Still very sad. If our cries make any difference, great! If not, I'm having the rest customized.

12. The All American

Much appreciated! I think the amount of disappointed fans shows how popular this line was. I remember hearing somewhere (maybe a podcast) that the Club Third Earth subscription exceeded Mattel expectations and was the highest selling sub they had at the time.

The more WB hears from various fans, it should make them think twice. :wilykat:wilykit

13. plexxrock

plexxrock New Member

The best option at this point is probably to start considering a more '3rd party' type of solution. There's lots of loopholes in the world of toymaking, look at the 'tribute' type stuff brands are mixing in currently, or just flatout 3rd party (transformers being the prime example)

If i owned this website, i would start exploring the world of kickstarter.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The various companies making 3rd party Transformers are making some truly outstanding toys. It would be cool if one of them would make some Thundercats figures.

15. Daremonger

I used the "Other" section.

16. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Bandai?? Lol

I don't think think they would EVER touch properties from crazed fans that adore ThunderCats!

Making a collector's line is very hard especially in today's society where everyone is so cynical about their plastic figures!

It's a toy! Either collect it or don't because we would have had Bandai possibly rolling out with future waves of ThunderCats/SilverHawks figures but it was clearly not enough support and complaining from consumers!

Yes the figures were not the best but that's all we had!

Best case scenario is Netflix to reboot the series with a new line, no collector's line is needed!

Maybe WB should partner up with Playmates Toys or Jakks Pacific!
    Just support the line and don't worry about paint apps from Playmates because it's not going to get done! Lol

17. The All American

Awesome! It might be a good thing for them to get requests from both or more relatable areas/categories in case it's filtered through different departments within Warner Brothers. The more ears that hear the positive support and desire for the line to continue, the better.

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Daremonger

Hear, hear!

19. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Or it could do the opposite and show just how small the fanbase is for this license, and validate their decision not to give it to S7.

20. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Let's be negative about them, not about ourselves. We are the ones who want to accomplish something for TCats. They do not. I say don't discount us, do your part, whatever you feel. Show your support for the brand. They want you to bend over, take it, and do nothing. ThunderCats wouldn't do that!

Justice.
    Truth.
    Honor.
    LOYALTY.