Can BANDAI license??

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by MXTHUNDERCAT, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

no the show seems to be cancelled....(biggest flop ever! :() I am only hopeful to get more classic toys....although bandai is the owner of the rights or copyright or whatever, there are other companies making thundercats merchandise....all the different companies making statues and figurines etc....so my question is: how difficult would it be for a another toy maker to get "permission" or license the rights to produce more classic toys...like Matter and 4H or any other toy company competent enough to make action figures??

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I would love for Playmates to get the licence. Jus look at what they have done with TMNT. :D

It's not unheard of for one property to have various companies produce toys at the same time. Look at Voltron in the 80's. Matchbox, Panoosh Place and LJN all had toyproducts on the shelf at the same time to support the cartoon.

3. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

classics

while still trying to get over the unbelievable failure thundercats was, AND IT WAS, I was browsing the Bandai website and saw that the toys are STILL up...they even added (maybe theyve been there for a while) but i just saw the last set of 6in classics.... does anyone know what needs to be done in order for more classics figures to be produced ....as fans what can we do...forget the new show we know it was the biggest flop....i just want more of the classics....

4. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

Please, don't start another thread like this, unless you're talking about the toyline for the NS. We can all agree on that being bad. However, I don't know how long Bandai will have the license. While Mattel or any other company could have probably done/do a good job, I seriously doubt they would give the license away this soon after the show was put on hiatus.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hammy since this is posted in the 2011 toys thread I would believe he is refering to the toyline.

6. hammy0924

Yeah me too. I will agree with everyone on that being bad. I never got any of them but I've heard the stories.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I owned 80% of the toys released, you wouldn't believe how bad they are.

8. hammy0924

I heard they constantly break and the joints on them suck majorly. Even though I liked the show, that's an absolute failure on Bandai, WB, and CN's side. I honestly don't think a better toyline would have necessarily made the show more popular, it would have at least been more appealing, especially to the older fans that wanted to collect regardless if they like the show or not.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I still think the 8" classics were very good (with the exception of the rubber swords). Bt the 6" and 4" NS figures were a different story.
    The weapons were very poor, so soft and lost there shape.
    As for the Thundertank :'( what was of £35.....it kept falling apart. I am not saying that as a joke. The claw arms would not stay on they kept disconnecting from the body....and the magnet feature was terrible.
    My younger cousins loved the NS, I gave them my full NS collection.

10. hammy0924

It does seem like the kids who had them did like them, though. I don't know if that goes for all of them but I've heard people saying their kids like them.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

But my cousins dislike the soft weapons and the oversized fists. Although the 4" Tygra is superior to the 6", at least he can hold his weapons lol. Ironically 6" Tygra's whip is a harder plastic and doesn't work aswell as the 4".....in fact its more rigid than most of the swords.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012