Cartoon accurate figures

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Bengali, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Ok so I want a line of cartoon accurate thundercats figures similar to what sh figurearts did with tmnt. I’m just not satisfied with Mattel’s style. I think the only way I’ll be happy is with 100% vintage cartoon accurate figs!

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree the Mattel figures had a lot of faults, mostly Lion-O.
    I like the S.H. Figuarts TMNT figures but personally in terms of looks I prefer NECA's figures. It will be interesting to see how Super 7's compare to NECAS and S.H. Figuarts.

3. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

The animation is obviously far and away what is remembered, so there really isn't any reason they should be accurate to anything else. I think we would definitely see that moving forward, hopefully this time including scale.

4. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

The Snarf custom by Joe Amaro is pretty cartoon accurate, although it looks more like Snarfer tbh.
    [​IMG]

5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Yeah, thats an awesome Snarf! Joe's Berbil is also amazing!!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Joe Amaro's Snarf figure certainly proves the need for cartoon-accurate ThunderCats figures.

7. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Well....the Club Grayskull line seems to be pretty popular, so it seems like the same concept would work for T-Cats.
    ----------------
    :liono

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Club Greyskull line is okay but they don't look that good next to the more detailed and better painted Classics figures.
    I would be okay with them doing an animation style with Thundercats, I just want some good Thundercats figures.
    Although I will say the Mattel and Super 7 Filmation Club Greyskull figures have had a lot of quality control issues, especially with the face sculpts not turning out like the prototypes.

9. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I am going to assume that any 'Cartoon Accurate' line would be developed only after the success of a 'regular' line. Obviously, I'm basing that on Club Grayskull coming into the picture after hundreds of Collectors Choice figures were produced.

Mark M....Sadly, I agree with you about Club Grayskull QC issues. Personally, I don't own any figures produced by S7, but I have seen many complaints and issues over on HE-MAN.ORG. When a person is paying 35+ bucks for a toy, they are going to expect it to be darn near perfect, and nobody can blame them.
    ----------------

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Sword Breaker when you factor in import costs for us in Europe thefigures cost us around 50 each. For that price they need to be perfection.
    The standard Classic figure isn't worth that much.
    I have never owned any Super 7 figures but from the reviews I have watched and read I would be very cautious about purchasing their products.
    I may risk getting Conan to see how he compares to Mattel Classics.

11. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Something similar to this for Panthro would be ideal.

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

It definitely sucks for you guys overseas. :( That's another thing I read about on the ORG all the time, and I truly feel for you.
    ----------------

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah it's a real hassle buying from overseas sometimes. I recently bought some MOTUC figures on sale at BBTS. Hopefully non of them will have any issues. Luckily I haven't really had any major issues with any I have bought aside from Karatti missing a small bit of paint on the back of one of his legs but I will touch that up myself eventually.

The Mattel Panthro was pretty close to this. He was among the best Mattel made. The only ones I really had any issues with were Lion-O and Pumyra. Lion-O was just too short and Pumyra too tall.

14. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I agree that Panthro was the best figure Mattel made but I have to disagree that it looks like the above figure I posted. I think the cartoon accurate sculpt is the way to go with TCats.

15. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I'm pretty satisfied with Lion-O and Panthro, but we all have different tastes. I think it's universally agreed upon that Pumyra was too tall.
    ----------------
    :panthro

16. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Here’s another example of a great sculpt

[​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  17. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Another one for lion-o
    [​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  18. cgdc76

cgdc76 Active Member

Thats a nice custom! Where did you find that?

19. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Wow! Those are both amazing!
    ----------------
    :tygra

20. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That Ratar-O sculpt is really something. :)